LPL Financial LLC AVP, Technology in Charlotte, North Carolina
Auto req ID 4844BR
Posting Title AVP, Technology
Location Charlotte, NC
Job Description LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
We are looking to hire a Senior Developer in the Business Technology Services organization. Under the direction of the Application Development Manager, this position will help solution business requirements and technology directions to support Product Roadmaps and LPL vision. This position will involve collaboration with business partners, Architects, Quality Assurance, Release Management, and the Change Control board to plan, design, develop and implement solutions for these needs.
The candidate should be capable of designing and developing timely, high quality products, with state of the art user interfaces to best solution these needs, and have the drive to ensure that the vision and success criteria are met within budget and schedule constraints.
• Design and develop core services and components with expertise in service oriented architecture.
• Participate in all phases of the software engineering life cycle
• Provide technical troubleshooting and advanced de-bug support.
• Develop and implement high scalable core platform components and provide and support to the clients applications and services.
• Evaluate new design proposals, investigate and recommend solutions and process improvements that deliver services with high scalability and performance.
• Assist with conceptual design and rough order of magnitude (ROM) level of effort estimations
• Ensure the necessary platform technical documentation is maintained in an appropriate manner.
• BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
• 10 years’ experience with product development and architecture of software and applications and services
• Expert knowledge of agile, design and enterprise patterns
• Expert knowledge of object oriented programming and SOA
• Advanced skills of BPM, AppWay, Pega, Tibco
• Advanced skills .Net 4.0, C# or Java, XML, LinkQ, WCF, WPF
• Report writing skills SSRS, Informatica
• Advanced skills of domain driven design
• Advanced skills of test driven development
• Advanced skills of aspect oriented programming
• Understanding of BPM related integration patterns and best practices
• Knowledge of SQL Server development and database design
• Knowledge of design patterns
• Familiarity with Business Process Modeling patterns such as approval workflow, business state machine, human error handling, etc.
• Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall software development
• Familiarity with TFS source control, build processes, and continuous delivery
• Experience guiding, coaching, and developing with other engineers
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to facilitate, influence and manage change to deliver solutions
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE