Pei Wei Sr. Assistant Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina
Managing a Pei Wei Asian Diner offers an exciting and dynamic leadership experience.
At Pei Wei, we will offer you more than just a great place to work, we will give you EXCELLENT opportunities to build a career in a dynamic, team-oriented atmosphere.
Our ideal managers have outstanding leadership skills, are Guest-focused and ideally proficient in culinary operations. Since we're a fast-casual concept we're looking for leaders who understand that speed and quality must go hand in hand in order to keep our guests coming back.
We believe that service comes from the mind - hospitality comes from the heart!
Managing a Pei Wei is an intense but balanced experience. No late nights means more life outside of work. And with competitive salary and benefits, you'll be excited about the job - and feel valued for doing it.
The General Manager position reports to the Market Partner. This position is responsible for the operational excellence of his/her specified restaurant. The General Manager continually provides leadership and guidance to the entire Management Team and Hourly Staff by promoting and maintaining all operating standards of Pei Wei Asian Diner. The General Manager, along with their management team, help create a safe and sanitary work environment while continuing to build sales and profitability.
• Is accountable for the operational excellence of his/her designated restaurant.
• Support the goals of the business and reinforces new initiatives introduced to the Management Team and Employees
• Strives to increase sales and operating profit and sets short/long term plans to help meet those goals through local marketing and other internal opportunities
• Is able to supervise, assign and delegate task(s) appropriately to Management and other Employees
• Is responsible for the recruiting, hiring, and training of the right people, following our training specifications, for each job position
• Is accountable for providing ongoing leadership and operational development for Management Team and Hourly Employees.
• Effectively handles the administrative tasks in daily operations.
• Full responsibility for cost controls associated with restaurant budget.
• Must be able to stand and walk for periods up to ten to twelve hours in length, in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to reach, bend, balance and transport various objects weighing up to 30 lbs repeatedly during a shift. At times it might be necessary to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work around various levels of temperature, including warm to very warm temperatures in the kitchen
• S/he must be able to safely operate kitchen equipment and have the ability to use knives appropriately.
• A minimum of 2+ years of Restaurant General Management/Senior level experience.
• Can perform basic reading, math and measurement calculations in English.
• S/he must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of Employees, Management and Vendors.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• 401(k) Plan
• No late nights for a better work/life balance
• Generous and delicious meal benefits
• Opportunities for growth and career advancement
• Benefits are offered to employees who meet eligibility requirements.
Pei Wei Asian Diner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify as part of the hiring process