Integer Manufacturing Engineer III in Chaska, Minnesota
The primary purpose of this position is to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. This position will apply sound judgment when making adaptations and/or modifications to machinery, test and measurement equipment and/or systems. Ensures Integer internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Adheres to Integer Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, Company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Develops tooling, fixtures and equipment used in manufacturing to optimize productivity, maintainability and cost.
- Defines, produces and implements documents including engineering drawings, equipment qualifications and process instructions.
- Provides Engineering support to sustain a smooth manufacturing of multiple product lines by applying knowledge of product design, assembly and tool fabrication.
- Reviews and approves Engineering drawings, layouts, change orders and specifications. Reviews test procedures and plans prior to implementation, conducts failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or total project.
- Drives tooling/equipment project focusing on manufacturability while improving yields.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Participates in cross-functional project teams to influence others in implementing creative solutions and drives manufacturing and product transfer activities.
- Executes validation protocols and conducts appropriate inspection/testing products, processes and materials.
- Supports test function for system hardware, software and test data manipulation projects. Provides accurate estimations and reports of all test processes.
- Prepares all necessary paperwork, change requests and documentation for all projects undertaken.
- Independently performs assignments; receiving instructions only regarding general expected results.
- Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field. Mechanical/Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum Experience: 7 years of experience
- Specialized Knowledge: Excellent analytical trouble shooting and computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and word processing software. Strong statistical knowledge.
- Special Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment. Strong problem solving skills.
Other: Experience in medical devices and knowledge about clean room requirements preferred. Previous exposure to ERP software for generating reports preferred.
Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Chaska,MN
- Job Type: Engineering, Manufacturing
- Experience: At least 7 year(s)
- Date Posted: 7/19/2017