Fairmont Hygiene Manager in Chengdu, China
Hotel Overview: * *Fairmont Chengdu, situated within the Palm Springs International Centre, is located in the heart of Tianfu New Area and Chengdu Hi-tech Zone and is adjacent to the Century City New International Convention & Exhibition Center, Global Center and the Tianfu Software Park. Palm Springs International Centre includes the hotel, an grade A level commercial office tower and two luxury residential towers, anchored by a 42,100 square meter retail mall. The hotel features 336 guest rooms, Willow Stream Spa, Gold Executive Floor, over 1,350 square meters of meeting facilities, and a collection of F&B; concepts including an all-day-dining restaurant Spectrum, CUBE a three-floor concept - lounge, cocktail bar and Japanese restaurant, a signature Sichuan Chinese restaurant Chang Yi, and our feature restaurant and bar occupying the top two levels of the hotel, Manhattan. The hotel is expected to open in 4th quarter of 2016. Chengdu is one of China’s most famous cities and is a top destination for people from China and around the world to visit. It has a deep culture and history, hundreds of amazing tourist attractions and of course the famous Chengdu and Sichuan cuisine. Chengdu has been listed as one of the fastest growing and top 4 cities to live in in China.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Plans and implements the Hotel’s health and food hygiene policies and procedures.
- Offer medical service to staff and conducts health and food hygiene inspections and food tests according to standards and procedures.
- Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role) Adhere to all standards and guidelines outlined in the Hotels Group Asia Pacific Food Safety Procedures Manual, covering:
- HACCP - HAZARD ANALYSIS AND CRITICAL CONTROL POINTS
- PURCHASING FOOD
- FOOD DELIVERIES
- FOOD STORAGE
- FOOD PREPARATION
THE COOKING CONTROL POINT
THE HOLDING CONTROL POINT
- THE SERVING CONTROL POINT
- COOLING OF FOOD
- RE-HEATING OF FOOD
- THE CLEANING CONTROL POINT
- PEST CONTROL
FITNESS FOR WORK / STAFF ILLNESS POLICY
- FOOD COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
- INSPECTION BY REGULATORY AGENCIES
- USEFUL CONTACTS AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS
MASTER COPIES OF FOOD SAFETY FORMS
Ensure the Hotel Food Safety Policy is communicated to all employees.
- nsure the on-going implementation of the policy and the procedures detailed in the Food Safety Procedures Manual Liaise with the Head Chef to ensure that all the appropriate record logs are completed and up to date.
- Ensure the implementation of food safety Training Policy and maintenance of training records for three years.
- Ensure the revision of the assessment of food safety risks as necessary
- Conduct inspections and audits of beverage production process and premises, to ensure compliance with food safety & hygiene.
- Provide in-house training in food safety and hygiene.
- Ensure that all food is handled, prepared, stored and transported in a satisfactory manner.
- Ensure that training and performance standards are maintained in food hygiene and in the use of chemicals.
- Responsible for high standards maintenance of hygiene and food safety in all the food & beverage production & related areas.
- Responsible for the Pest Control program of the facility. Develop, review, & update cleaning procedures and schedules.
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S; policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S; guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Liaise closely with Department heads to ensure that all health and food hygiene aspects to the hotel are well planned and coordinated to achieve maximum impactDemonstrate advanced knowledge of health and food hygiene issues
- Assist in establishing policy and processes for food hygiene inspections
- Handle all communication and regular intensive training concerning health and food hygiene standards
- Motivate staff to become involved in health and food hygiene management
- Conduct food / kitchen / personal hygiene audits
- Ensures the food hygiene standards complied with the Government regulations
- Demonstrate a knowledge of food hygiene identification, prevention and control
- Maintain accurate records of food hygiene audits, analysing health deficits in the environment and take necessary action to overcome problems and prevent and control risks
- Ensure procedures are in place for health and food hygiene issues
- Ensures the food hygiene standards and procedures are strictly adhere to by the concerned departments
- Maintain close contact with the related government authorities
- To perform other assignments as requested
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities：
Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S; policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S; guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
Liaise closely with Department Heads to ensure that all occupational health and safety aspects to the hotel are well panned and coordinated to achieve maximum impact
Demonstrate advanced knowledge of occupational health and safety issues
Assist in establishing policy and processes for accident compensation and staff rehabilitation
Handle all communication concerning occupational health and safety
Plan and co-ordinate activities which ensure the prevention and control of potential hazards
Demonstrate a knowledge of hazard identification, prevention and control
Maintain accurate records of safety audits, analyzing health and safety deficits in the environment and take necessary action to overcome problems and prevent and control risks
Ensure procedures are in place within the establishment for the investigation and reporting of health and safety issues
Ensure professional specific activities are carried out in accordance with relevant authority
Ensures adherence to employee handbook and Fairmont’s Code of Ethics
Got yourself involved in the team, respect your colleague and your boss, obey your department rules.
- Required Skills –Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Knowledge of local health and safety regulations
- Equipped with basic computer knowledge
- Good writing skills
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in China. The hotel will assist with the working visa for suitable foreigner applicants.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Excellence; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: China-Chengdu-Fairmont Chengdu
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: CHG00129