Fairmont (Main Prep Kitchen) Chef de Cuisine in Chengdu, China
Senior Sous Chef
**Engaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. Showcase your culinary skills and passion for quality as Senior Sous Chef, where you will delight guests of our group functions with the exceptional fare you create.
Hotel Overview: * *Fairmont Chengdu, situated within the Palm Springs International Centre, is located in the heart of Tianfu New Area and Chengdu Hi-tech Zone and is adjacent to the Century City New International Convention & Exhibition Center, Global Center and the Tianfu Software Park. Palm Springs International Centre includes the hotel, an grade A level commercial office tower and two luxury residential towers, anchored by a 42,100 square meter retail mall. The hotel features 336 guest rooms, Willow Stream Spa, Gold Executive Floor, over 1,350 square meters of meeting facilities, and a collection of F&B; concepts including an all-day-dining restaurant Spectrum, CUBE a three-floor concept - lounge, cocktail bar and Japanese restaurant, a signature Sichuan Chinese restaurant Chang Yi, and our feature restaurant and bar occupying the top two levels of the hotel, Manhattan. The hotel is expected to open in 4th quarter of 2016. Chengdu is one of China’s most famous cities and is a top destination for people from China and around the world to visit. It has a deep culture and history, hundreds of amazing tourist attractions and of course the famous Chengdu and Sichuan cuisine. Chengdu has been listed as one of the fastest growing and top 4 cities to live in in China.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Lead and supervise the quality quantity of the food offered, as well as coordinate the production as it relates to all banquets
- Review all banquet event orders to ensure all menu items and set-ups are prepared
- Conduct daily shift briefings to Colleagues
- Assist in the development of new banquet offerings and displays
- Follow payroll costs and productivity within budgeted guidelines
- Provide training for new Colleagues
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in the culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
- DiplomaCertification in a culinary discipline preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times* *
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in China. The hotel will assist with the working visa for suitable foreigner applicants.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Excellence; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: China-Chengdu-Fairmont Chengdu
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: CHG00177