Veritas Software Engineer in Chengdu, China
Software Engineer (Grade B)
Veritas enables organizations to harness the power of their information, with solutions designed to serve the world’s largest and most complex heterogeneous environments, by providing industry-leading solutions that cover all platforms with backup and recovery, business continuity, software-defined storage, and information governance. Our software and hardware products enable 86 percent of the world’s Fortune 500 companies to protect, identify, and manage data within the world’s largest and most complex environments—from traditional data centers to private, public, and hybrid clouds.
The Appliance Solutions (AS) organization is changing the backup and recovery game for customers—built on industry-leading backup software, our appliances address the technical complexities of modern data protection and optimized secondary storage for companies of all sizes.
One of the fastest-growing organizations within Veritas, Appliance Solutions is in the business of solving customer problems better than anyone else. The engineering, product management, program and operations management, and manufacturing functions work cross-functionally with other business units to help deliver on Veritas’s product roadmap. Entrepreneurial in nature, the team’s scrappy, get-it-done attitude and culture of open, transparent communication and collaboration are the core values that drive its success.
The Appliance Solutions team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who take a full-tilt approach to their work and careers. We are currently seeking top tier software engineers to join our team and develop next generation products and features for our loyal customer base. We operate in a fully Agile development environment that gives you complete ownership for the features that you develop.
Our challenge is solving customers’ information management needs while also lowering the cost of ownership through an integrated solution that is easy to use. Our solutions will expose you to industry trends like data growth, virtualization, containerization, and telemetry analytics.
- Participating in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
- Responsible for design, implementation, test, and maintenance of software modules to a high quality standard
- Strives daily to increase the code coverage numbers for test code
- Able to work in various layers of the software stack
- Participates in peer reviews
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment
- Lead or participate in a scrum team to continuously improve
- 2+ years’ experience with intermediate knowledge of the required programming languages( Java )
- Good software engineering skills are a must, as you’ll be working with some of the best in the industry
- Experience with OOP and (using Enterprise Java and Spring Framework is a plus)
- Experience with Python , Perl or a scripting language
- Knowledge of Linux platforms
- Good debug/problem-solving and organizational skills
- A fast learner and self-starter with intellectual horsepower
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent working in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Degree in Computer Science () or equivalent experience required
Nice to have
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including unit testing, test-driven development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing is a plus
- Experience of developing REST based web services is a plus
- Experience in user interface development using Angular JS and HTML5 is a plus
- Knowledge of databases, SQL, Networking and Storage a plus
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure design a plus
- Experience with continuous software delivery model is a plus
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .