Fairmont Wok, Chopper, Plating, Roast, Dim Dum, Cold Dish, Steamer Supervisor; Wok No.2 and No.3 in Chengdu, China
Exceptional service and cuisine are hallmarks of the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts dining experience. As Sous Chef, the creativity and culinary skills you bring to the Pastry team will create spectacular desserts that bring a delectable end to every memorable meal.
Hotel Overview: * *Fairmont Chengdu, situated within the Palm Springs International Centre, is located in the heart of Tianfu New Area and Chengdu Hi-tech Zone and is adjacent to the Century City New International Convention & Exhibition Center, Global Center and the Tianfu Software Park. Palm Springs International Centre includes the hotel, an grade A level commercial office tower and two luxury residential towers, anchored by a 42,100 square meter retail mall. The hotel features 336 guest rooms, Willow Stream Spa, Gold Executive Floor, over 1,350 square meters of meeting facilities, and a collection of F&B; concepts including an all-day-dining restaurant Spectrum, CUBE a three-floor concept - lounge, cocktail bar and Japanese restaurant, a signature Sichuan Chinese restaurant Chang Yi, and our feature restaurant and bar occupying the top two levels of the hotel, Manhattan. The hotel is expected to open in 4th quarter of 2016. Chengdu is one of China’s most famous cities and is a top destination for people from China and around the world to visit. It has a deep culture and history, hundreds of amazing tourist attractions and of course the famous Chengdu and Sichuan cuisine. Chengdu has been listed as one of the fastest growing and top 4 cities to live in in China.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chinese Restaurant Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Plan in conjunction with the Chinese Restaurant Chef and outlet chefs, promotions, and menu implementations according to the annual plans.
- Attend the chef meetings in absence of the Chinese Restaurant Chef and ensure that all designated action points from daily chef briefings or monthly operational meetings are being followed by the individuals concerned.
- Plan co-ordinate and supervise all pastry menu implementations in a timely manner with necessary plating guides, recipes, food pictures and costing completed prior to implementation
- Create and develop new pastry dishes and recipes by keeping up with the latest market trends.
- Ensure disciplinary and grievance procedures are properly adhered to, following hotel policy and recorded accordingly.
- Prepare evaluation report for all pastry employees as required by policy and procedure.
- Handle customer comments and complaints and take swift corrective action to resolve issues to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Responsible for the pastry food cost as well as pastry kitchen operating supplies, and kitchen utensils.
- Assist in the preparation and control of daily and weekly market lists for the pastry.
- Ensure consistent quality of all food stuffs purchased, monitoring quality at receiving point, ensuring the purchasing specifications are met.
- Do not entertain unannounced visits from food or material suppliers. All outside company representatives must conduct business through the chef’s office only
- Constantly strive to reduce energy consumption through awareness
- Monitor cleanliness and hygiene of all Pastry areas with the stewarding department and lead HACCP program in the Pastry department
- Be understanding of the labour budget of the pastry kitchen
- Ensure that all pastry employees report for duty in each outlet with correct uniform in a timely manner
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the department head from time to time.
- Ensure Employee engagement Survey Goals are met
- Ensure grooming standards are met
- Perform any tasks as assigned by the Management
- Strive to exceed guest expectation and take the culinary team going from good to great. Always act in a professional manner using the company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Must have hospitality experience in China
- Must be fluent in Chinese Mandrin
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in China. The hotel will assist with the working visa for suitable foreigner applicants.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Excellence; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: China-Chengdu-Fairmont Chengdu
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: CHG00185