Bodycote QUALITY INSPECTOR in Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Bodycote is the world's largest and most respected supplier of Thermal Processing services. The Chesterfield site provides Hot Isostatic Processing to a wide range of customers, in particular from the aerospace, medical and industrial gas turbine industries. Hot Isostatic presses and ancillary equipment together with ovens and welding facilities are located at the site.
Bodycote’s Hot Isostatic Pressing facility in Chesterfield requires an inspector to ensure that work received can be processed correctly, that the work is carried out to the correct specifications as specified by the order requirements and company procedures and that once processed the work conforms to international, customer and internal specifications and regulatory requirements. If product does not conform to specification the inspector will assist in identifying and implementing corrective actions. The suitable candidate will have a flexible approach to work.
- All responsibilities must be carried out according to quality requirements as well as the company’s SHE procedures and safe operating instructions.
- Book work onto the production database when required.
- Specification and contract review including group documents.
- Carry out post-HIP inspection and Works Inspection duties.
- Maintain job pack/cycle records.
- Ensure correct verification is sent to customers upon completion .
- Produce paperwork for despatch and book work out of the system when required.
- Customer liaison.
- Assist in keeping production database up to date.
- Assist in non-conformance activity.
- Archive electronic process records.
- Control Quarantine area.
- Assist with 5S / Lean activities.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Demonstrate a good level of education.
- Good IT skills.
- Some knowledge of quality systems / inspection procedures is preferred, (AS9100 & NADCAP).
- Able to work independently.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy of working.
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your career*at Bodycote. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application. Please apply by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is *7 July 2017.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.