Cook County Government ATTENDING PHYSICIAN 7- ACHN in Chicago, Illinois
LOCATION: *AMBULATORY AND COMMUNITY HEALTH NETWORK*
* NEAR SOUTH HEALTH CENTER*
Applicants may apply for this position online or submit a resume/ CV to the following email address: MDRecruit@cookcountyhhs.org
When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email. An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
Under general supervision, Attending Physician VII provides medical leadership at the clinical site. Directs and schedules the activities of all direct health care providers and is responsible for their productivity and clinical quality; stats abreast of initiatives and clinical policies of Ambulatory and Community Health network (ACHN) and assures their implementation.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine (D.O.) degree from an accredited medical school or university
- Licensed as a physician and surgeon in the State of Illinois or eligibility to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Board eligibility or certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Primary Care Physician
- Illinois and Federal controlled substance license or eligibility to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Available to work rotating shifts, weekends holidays, and on-call
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience in primary care practice as a lead physician
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Current knowledge of examination methodologies and diagnostics
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of training medical staff to ensure standards of care.
- Ability to work effectively in teams across disciplines
- Must be able to travel to work sites throughout Cook County
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran **must:
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11).
Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver’s License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link:http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictlyprohibitedfromconditioning,basingorknowinglyprejudicingoraffectinganytermoraspectofCountyemploymentorhiringuponorbecauseofanypoliticalreasonorfactor.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Posting: May 19, 2017, 1:09:53 PM
Closing Date: Jun 2, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Req ID: 00120568