Aon Corporation Internal Audit Administrative Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
Aon Is Looking For An Internal Audit Support Analyst
Financial Budget Analysis and Support
- Assist the Audit Operations Director in the analysis of monthly spending, the preparation of monthly budget forecasts, and the preparation and entry of the Annual Budget Plan.
- Function as the designated Submitter for purchase order requests for professional service providers utilized by the department and track utilization against approved spending limits.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis of department budget/spending and create analytic reports as requested.
Reporting and Data Analysis
- Provide assistance to the Audit Operations team in the preparation and distribution of monthly management reports to designated global Aon management executives.
- Assist in performing ad-hoc data analysis of risk and control information from the global audit management platform information to deliver insights/observations to IAD management, and in creating reports to communicate the results as requested.
Audit Production Support
- Manage the preparation and distribution of Audit Reports to designated recipients in accordance with the department’s protocols.
- Perform post-closing reviews of audit files as reports are issued to verify that close-down protocols have been executed for each completed audit.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of physical copies of Audit Committee meeting materials.
Internal Audit Department File Maintenance
- Provide support for the filing of data in IAD’s global team knowledge sharing site.
- Maintain the files of the Chief Audit Executive (SVP), including presentation materials for the Audit and Compliance Committee meetings.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all audit workpaper files stored both on-site and off-site.
Audit Management Platform Administrative Support
- Perform local platform maintenance tasks, such as entering new employee information or booking employees to audit projects, as designated by the global system administrator.
- Provide support and assistance to Internal Audit colleagues in tracking time expended.
Audit Team Support and Assistance
- Provide administrative support and assistance to Internal Audit colleagues in tasks such as:
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, conference calls, and other/special events and arranging for appropriate equipment/materials;
- Travel arrangements, itineraries, visa requests and related expense reports;
- Administrative on-boarding of new colleagues.
- Maintain the calendars in Outlook for the Chief Audit Executive (SVP), the VP of Internal Audit and Audit Directors.
- Self-starter with excellent organization and time management skills; ability to work effectively with teams and individually with minimal supervision.
- Responds to requests for support in a timely manner and with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Flexible and adept at reordering priorities and activities to address ever-changing requirements; ability to manage to deadlines and deliver on commitments.
- Possesses advanced analytical, technical, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills and abilities; ability to independently solve problems and think critically.
- Advanced level computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced experience in the use of Microsoft Excel to analyze data. Experience in using Microsoft Access to organize and analyze data is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to learn, understand, and utilize new technologies.
- Responsible for ensuring that all deliverables are fully reviewed and accurate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact within all levels of the organization.
- Excellent administrative service skills and exceptional attention to detail.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. Tolearn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visitaon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2424619
Category: Accounting & Finance
Location: United States, IL, Chicago