Aon Corporation Proposal Project Manager (Chicago) in Chicago, Illinois
Aon is looking for a Proposal Project Manager in our Chicago Office.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Aon Risk Solutions – Bid Proposal group.
Reporting to the Director of Bid Management – H&B;, the proposal project manager will work on bids for our Aon Risk Solutions (ARS U.S.) business unit. The opportunities will focus on our Health & Benefits line of business.
The Proposal Project Manager will lead, plan, develop, produce, and deliver proposal and presentation deliverables required by client solicitations (Request for Proposals); and be able to provide hands-on management of the entire full-cycle project development processes, including but not limited to: identification of development of outlines, completion of writing assignments, monitoring time lines, editing, and ensuring compliance with the Aon brand.
The proposal project manager will work with colleagues within Aon Risk Solutions – U.S. Health & Benefits, as well as product and industry practice sales teams, Subject Matter Experts and designers, to ensure that proposals and presentations reflect the best technical, management, and support offerings that Aon can make in response to RFPs.
The project manager is expected to assist in achieving national goals for new business and client retention via execution of the core responsibilities of the position; which focus on responding to offensive (new business) and defensive (retention / jeopardy) requests for proposal (RFPs) and presentations:
Your impact as a Proposal Project Manager.
- Lead project management efforts for the RFP response process.
- Organize and lead proposal meetings and ensure a response strategy is established and implemented
- Provide strategic and content direction for the preparation of proposals and presentations to achieve a response that is in line with the defined approach
- Work with consultants and subject matter experts to develop customized content
- Partner with the lead designer to ensure proposals and presentations are visually impactful
- Write, revise, proofread, and transmit proposals in response to RFPs and presentations specific to client situation
- Continue to develop a practical and working knowledge of our health & benefits consulting services and technology
- Lead presentation brainstorming and development sessions, and conduct rehearsals with client-facing colleagues for finalist presentations
- Identify trends and engage in process improvement efforts centrally and nationally where necessary
BA in English, Journalism, Marketing, Business, or related fields in Communication required
- 4+ years professional work experience in bid management required; similar industry experience strongly preferred
- Significant background in the development of custom strategic content (leveraging strategic messaging/value propositions) and strong editing skills required
- Ability to manage multiple bids simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, meeting all deadlines
- Experience with oral presentations, partnering with a designer and the account team required
- Ability to learn quickly and show flexibility to adapt in a growing group, working both independently and with a team mentality (required)
- Advanced knowledge of Word and Proposal Management Software (SharePoint, Qvidian, etc) strongly preferred
- Basic Word, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com knowledge required
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2425809
Category: Sales & Business Development
Location: United States, IL, Chicago