FleishmanHillard Public Relations intern (fall), Chicago in Chicago, Illinois
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is an international, full-service communications firm with a multi-disciplinary office in Chicago. FleishmanHillard Chicago interns have the opportunity to work hands-on with account teams to develop and execute media campaigns, contribute to social media programs, write collateral, participate in brainstorm sessions, handle research projects, staff special events, and engage in and support the efforts of the office.
Interns are assigned to work with a specific practice group within the office, but generally gain experience across the office’s practice areas, including Corporate Reputation Management, Public Affairs, Financial Communications, Emerging Media, Health & Wellness, Marketing and Creative.
The Chicago-based PR intern will support relevant account teams. Activities include:
- Developing trend tracking reports for FH and clients
- Reading peer-reviewed journal articles and analyze scientific studies/reviews
- Assisting in the development of key messages, Q&A, fact sheets and press materials for clients
- Supporting conference needs and associated material development and logistics coordination
- Identifying networking, marketing and visibility initiatives for clients and for FH
- Research, insights and POVs on relevant topics and business/client needs
- Supporting relevant new biz projects
- FH Chicago internship positions are paid and last approximately 16 weeks
Applicants must have completed their junior year of undergraduate study, with first consideration given to graduating seniors and recent graduates. Applicants with a serious interest in communications who have experience in or are comfortable with writing news releases, pitching print and online media, and conducting research are encouraged to apply. Applications are welcome from students with concentrations in all major areas, but backgrounds in journalism, mass media, communications, public relations, political science, English, and radio and television broadcasting are preferred.
Please note that we conduct most of our hiring around these sessions, but are constantly evaluating our internship needs.
Winter/Spring: January – April (Deadline: November 30)
Summer: May -- August (Deadline: February 15)
Fall: September – December (Deadline: July 15)
Please submit the following materials with your application:
- Cover letter
- One writing sample
- Letter of recommendation
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I intern part-time? Candidates with full-time availability are preferred. The typical work day is 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- How many internship positions are available? The number of interns hired for each session varies based on the office’s needs at that time.
- Do you reply to all applicants? We respond to all inquiries regarding a FleishmanHillard Chicago internship.
- Is an internship necessary for an entry-level position? Most of our entry-level positions are filled by people who have successfully completed an internship. We see internships as the first step in establishing a career at FleishmanHillard, and many of our successful counselors started as interns.
- What type of writing samples should I submit? Examples of writing samples include: news releases, media alerts, newsletter articles, executive summaries, and other relevant writing items.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of DAS, and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries.
About the DAS Group of Companies
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) ( www.omnicomgroup.com ), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: Specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing Chicago internship opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email the Intern Coordinator .
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.