FleishmanHillard Senior Vice President Social and Digital, Chicago in Chicago, Illinois
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for a Senior Vice President to lead our social + digital practice in Chicago. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, passionate, proactive communications professional with strong social + digital skills to lead strategy and content across a wide array of consumer and B2B clients in a variety of industries, including food & beverage, sports, health & wellness, public affairs, manufacturing and tourism. The ideal candidate will know how to drive business results through social + digital platforms that enable our clients to connect and engage with their key stakeholders. He or she will be instrumental in cultivating and growing accounts and winning new business while managing a collaborative team of high performers.
- Lead a team of diverse social + digital practitioners, guiding them in their work and professional growth, and leveraging their expertise to pursue the significant opportunities that exist with both current and prospective clients.
- Play a pivotal role in leading day-to-day social + digital strategy for a variety of account teams, including content creation and oversight as well as project and account management.
- Collaborate with client relationship leaders to incorporate social + digital strategies as part of larger integrated programming.
- Represent the FH point of view regarding timely social platform changes, research new and emerging trends/social platforms, schedule, plan and participate in internal and external social and digital training and webinars.
- Identify, cultivate and manage high-level relationships with industry experts, platform representatives and influencers.
- Partner with the rest of the senior leadership team to continue to raise the profile of FH Chicago’s digital + social offering through both organic and new business and marketing efforts.
- Assist in the management of the P&L, forecasting revenue and expenses accurately. This includes managing client budgets and making decisions to assure the practice runs effectively and efficiently.
- 15+ years of demonstrably significant and successful experience in creating and leading impactful, comprehensive digital campaigns that integrate all facets of the marketing and communications mix. Agency experience, preferably with a global communications/PR firm, is a must.
- Deep experience in social media strategy across all platforms and communications channels, including but not limited to Google, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram, Tumblr.
- Strong strategic thinker, with an ability to lead the development of programs for clients and the office that are distinctive, relevant, creative, and measurable.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, draw conclusions, make recommendations, establish reasonable timelines and areas of responsibility, anticipate costs, and identify measures of success.
- Solid team leadership and team-building experience is necessary, including management of local teams and distributed account teams. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Experience managing accounts for effectiveness and profitability, including establishing meaningful metrics and scorecards for gauging program effectiveness, and overseeing the development and management of budgets, team structure and client reporting.
- Track record of leading efforts for and winning new business – either through the incremental growth of current clients or participation in large- and small-scale new business efforts.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating digital content, managing social and digital channels and overseeing website development.
- Hands-on social media program execution (strategy and content development, community management, blogger outreach).
- Demonstrated experience creating social advertising campaigns and programs including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google.
- Ability to develop and generate strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative strategy and tactics that use a variety of communication channels, including digital (e-mail, social media, blogs, and employee intranet), executive memos, video, and FAQs.
- Excellent writing abilities with experience with corporate (B2B), executive (C-Suite) and consumer digital + social communications.
- Experience with some of the following digital + social platforms (Radian6, Sysomos, Google AdWords, Traackr, etc.).
- Experience working directly with senior level clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work as a part of a team in the development of client and new business programs and presentations.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.