HP Strategic Procurement Manager in ChongQing, China
Strategic Procurement Manager
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
• blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
• 3D printing
• multi-function printing
• Ink in the office
• tablets, phablets, notebooks
• mobile workstations
We’re looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future’s yours to create!
If you are Strategic Procurement Manager, you will have a chance to
• Leads a complex individual supply chain sub-category; including data and industry analysis; reports results to senior managers.
• May lead an international, cross-functional team
• Meets with Stakeholder senior managers to understand business priorities and translate them into supply chain strategies; influence the industry and marketplace within moderately complex marketplace categories.
• Develops and utilizes supply chain, business, and financial modeling tools.
• Leads Supplier Selection Activities. Drives supply base optimization. Negotiates and completes contracts with complex suppliers.
• Responsible for day-to-day operations of large, moderately complex suppliers. Partners with suppliers in minor strategic development.
• Provides input on risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management and operation strategies. Assesses current and evolving business models in the marketplace.
• Identifies challenging contract risk areas. Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using known solutions. Advises senior level business leaders on contract
• Influences a large supply base across multiple business units.
• Typically interacts with Directors and VPs.
• Scope can be located at the country, regional, or global level, within multiple business units, or within a functional area.
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
• First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
• Typically 6-10 years of experience in procurement or supply chain function.
to be successful you should be:
• Excellent understanding of global procurement processes, industry, and complex suppliers.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills. Strong knowledge, use and influence of procurement tools and applications.
• Excellent communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities. Strong Project Management Skills
• Excellent team leadership and influencing skills
• Mastery in English and local language
• Ability to create a contract from standard HP or customized contract templates with limited supervision. Applies cause and effect thinking to identify challenging contact risk areas. Capable of drafting contract solutions in known contract risk areas to obtain acceptable outcomes with limited supervision. Strong understanding of contracting
principles. Ability to close complex deals in a timely fashion.
• Strong ability to develop suppliers strategically.
• Strong understanding of HP business units and HP business strategy.
• Excellent cultural knowledge of supplier locations
• Excellent Industry and Market knowledge in function area
Supply Chain & Operations
No shift premium (China)
EEO Tagline -
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
Learn more about HP personal data
practices at Privacy Statement at http://www.hp.com/go/privacy , and
Personal Data Rights Notice at http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/privacy/privacy_notice.html (where
applicable). Accessibility at HP at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/accessibility-aging/index.html
and Terms at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html