Integer Buyer/Planner in Collegeville, Pennsylvania
The primary purpose of this job is responsibility for the planning and execution of company forecast, production schedule, materials plan and materials control activities to support operations goal of on-time shipment. Manages demand forecasting, capacity planning, and the maintenance of the Build Kanban system. Analyzes, identifies and corrects basic and finished cell inventory to ensure date is accurate and delivery schedule is met. Acts as customer service liaison for Materials Organization.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Adheres to Integer Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
- Plans and directs preparation of master schedule of Kanbans to conform to delivery dates, manufacturing capacities, available manpower, etc.
- Monitors orders in process to keep informed of manufacturing status and, when needed, initiate the necessary steps to maintain conformity with schedules.
- Prepares summary reports of safety stock and delivery performance on a regular basis and communicate results to Materials Manager and Production Manager.
- Creates and maintains planning bills of material for all applicable products.
- Proactively leads change for improving efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Routinely interacts with IT on system and process improvements.
- Identified as operations Customer service liaison.
- Day-to-day interface with internal Customer Operations Group to ensure readiness and release of product.
- Coordinates the sales and operations planning effort within the facility.
- Performs other functions as required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years experience using MRP/ERP computer systems. 3 years scheduling/forecasting experience.
Specialized Knowledge: Proven experience and understanding of Kanban Market Systems. Good computer skills.
Special Skills: Strong Organizational skills. Strong written and communication skills.
Other: APICS certification preferred.
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Collegeville,PA
- Job Type: Purchasing - Procurement, Strategy - Planning
- Experience: At least 3 year(s)
- Date Posted: 5/19/2017