Enterprise Community Parnters 16:INV-038: Audit Manager in Columbia, Maryland
We are looking for an experienced Audit Manager to join the Audit & Management Services (AMS) team. The Audit manager Plans, directs and performs audits, reviews and investigations of all financial, compliance, operational and information technology (IT) operations throughout the organization. This individual should have experience working independently or as a member of an audit team and will monitor the status and completion of all audit issues raised & recommendations made within internal and external audits throughout all organization. The Audit Manager provides technical assistance or advice when needed to other AMS or Enterprise staff and coordinates with external auditors to exchange information and provide review assistance.
- Directs and performs financial, compliance, operational and IT audits throughout the organization;
- Assists the CAE in monitoring the status and completion of all audit issues raised & recommendations made within internal and external audits throughout all organizations;
- Plans the audit engagement, sets the audit objectives and prepares the audit program prior to approval from the CAE;
- Performs the audit procedures in accordance with written audit programs and established standards;
- Interprets company policies and procedures, industry, government and regulatory rules and regulations and apply to specific tests performed;
- Evaluates adequacy of existing financial and operational procedures and controls in light of the results of tests performed;
- Prepares supporting workpapers documenting results of tests performed;
- Identifies unusual or exception items during testing and prepares audit findings for review by the CAE;
- Prepares detailed descriptive reports of audit findings and presents realistic & effective recommendations to the CAE for subsequent distribution to management of the functions audited;
- Develops a good working relationship with auditees during the reviews performed ensuring that effective two-way communication occurs;
- Maintains high audit standards as outlined in AMS Manuals & guidance;
- In coordination with the CAE, provides useful input for the annual audit plan;
- Performs other review activities or operational special projects as assigned by the CAE;
- Supervises other AMS staff as warranted;
- Helps ensure AMS personnel are properly trained; and,
- Maintains industry, professional and other contacts in order to keep informed as to current activities, trends, developments and practices.
- Minimum 7-10 (seven to ten) years experience in public / government / private accounting or auditing industry with an emphasis in financial, compliance and operational auditing. Helpful if experience is in financial services or housing related industries. Exposure to IT audits and fraud investigations would be an asset.
- BA/BS in accounting, business related field or finance required. CPA, CIA or other related professional certifications preferable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed.
- Must possess a positive attitude that reflects initiative, enthusiasm, teamwork, dependability and self-confidence.
- Excels both at working independently or as a team member.
- The ability to negotiate and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations is critical.
- Must demonstrate clear understanding of unique nature of non-profit organization and value-added audit services.
Company: Enterprise Community Investment
Department: Audit & Management Services
Location: Columbia, Maryland