Enterprise Community Parnters 16:PAR-083: Construction Project Manager in Columbia, Maryland
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for overseeing all construction activities related to Loan Fund’s construction loans for multifamily, mixed-use, and community facility projects. In particular, the Construction Project Manager will provide support to Loan Fund’s operations by working closely with the Loan Fund’s Chief Credit Officer (CCO), Asset Managers, Managing Director of Lending and Loan Officers to manage relationships with our customers and closely monitor the performance of the loan and underlying project.
Construction ManagementThe Construction Project Manager will report to the Loan Fund’s CCO with primary responsibilities to:
- Coordinate/participate in the preparation and/or review of reports on construction, including the upfront review of construction related due diligence (construction cost reviews, plans and specifications, environmental reports, and/or property condition reports) and the progress of construction through completion.
- Review construction pay applications and monthly third party inspection reports as required.
- Continually evaluate the construction portfolio and identify projects with delays due to permits, approvals, etc. and propose solutions to mitigate impacts related to cost or schedule.
- Perform site inspections on a risk priority basis upfront or as requested during construction to monitor construction progress, quality, compliance with requirements and workmanship standards. Attend construction site meetings as needed.
- Provide feedback and alternatives to architectural and engineering issues that arise during the pre-construction and construction phase of the projects.
- Facilitate internal communication regarding the status of the work being performed, setting priorities and expectations for the schedule and final product to be produced.
- Facilitate resolution of disputes among stakeholders (borrower/sponsor, general contractor, vendors and agencies).
- Provide guidance to the Loan Fund staff on construction issues.
- Evaluate the construction portfolio and provide guidance during the periodic evaluation of the portfolio risk assessment.
- As may be requested, represent Enterprise in project-specific discussions with borrowers or governmental agencies.
- Maintain relationships within the construction community including 3rd party construction contractors, architects, and city and state agencies providing oversight of construction projects.
Other Duties as Assigned From time to time, the Construction Manager carries out other responsibilities as assigned such as, but not limited to representing Loan Fund at conferences or public events, and providing training to both internal and external audiences.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience and a bachelor’s or master’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field is required.
- On-site construction oversight experience is preferred.
- Demonstrable ability to handle a wide variety of construction related individuals/situations with strong attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of the standards, processes and challenges specific to the development of affordable housing preferred.
- Familiarity and working relationship with local/regional housing/building agencies and contractors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Banking experience is helpful.
- Strong computer aptitude skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Programs are essential.
- Knowledge/experience with Green Standards/Green Communities helpful.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 30% throughout the continental United States.
Company: Enterprise Community Partners
Department: Loan Fund
Location: Columbia, Maryland