Enterprise Community Parnters 16:PAR-087: Program Officer- Research & Analytics in Columbia, Maryland
Enterprise’s Knowledge, Impact and Strategy (KIS) department drives knowledge building throughthe collection, analysis and dissemination of data and research. We directly support other Enterprise departments and external partners through a variety of activities and services including research and analysis, performance and program evaluation, impact assessment, tool creation, and training.
The Program Officer will work with the Research & Analytics team within KIS to support a long-term research agenda on topics related to housing and neighborhood development, help our internal and external partners become better users and consumers of data, and provide training on technical software and data systems. The Program Officer must be able to identify key analysis needs for a project, demonstrate proficiency with spatial and tabular data analysis techniques, and be comfortable interpreting and presenting findings to non-expert audiences. Because the Officer will interact directly with clients on many projects, excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong orientation toward customer service are required.
- Work with KIS staff to conduct research and analyses on a variety of housing and community development topics and communicate findings to internal and external audiences.
- Assess and respond to requests for information and analysis, including timely communication with internal and external partners.
- Provide expertise and technical support to Enterprise staff in the form of consultations, research, data analysis, reports, mapping and visualization products.
- Work with KIS staff to develop training materials and conduct one-on-one and group trainings on topics related to understanding and interpreting data, as well as technical systems and processes related to research and analysis.
- Participate as a KIS representative on Enterprise consulting teams, working with governmental and non-profit clients to develop data-informed solutions to difficult social and community challenges.
- Master’s degree in economics, statistics, geography, public policy, urban planning or another discipline that emphasizes analyzing and interpreting both quantitative and qualitative information.
- Proficiency with standard statistical methods and software (SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.)
- Proficiency with mapping and analysis of spatial data using ArcGIS.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (especially Excel and Access).
- Knowledge of community development and/or housing issues, and familiarity with common datasets.
- Experience visually representing quantitative information through maps, charts, graphics, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and creative problem-solving with the ability to identify key research questions that would inform a project/program or pieces of evidence that would support an argument.
- Strong orientation toward customer service and patience in listening to and teaching non-experts.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy and quality of work.
- Willing to work on highly collaborative teams, both virtually and in-person, and contribute to larger group projects.
- Curiosity, desire for self-improvement, and excitement about sharing new skills and knowledge.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Familiarity with principles of urban economics, demographics and real estate development.
- Experience designing, managing or conducting analyses using databases and geodatabases.
- Experience teaching or leading trainings.
- Experience with or interest in building web-based tools and applications.
- Experience using Adobe CS applications to create/enhance maps, charts and other visual products.
- Consulting experience or experience working with diverse clients.
Company: Enterprise Community Partners
Department: Knowledge, Impact, Strategy
Location: Columbia, Maryland