Honeywell Process Technician in Columbia, Missouri
The Honeywell Advanced Materials plant, located in Columbia, MO 65202, has an immediate opening on their production bagging line for a Process Technician .
About Us: The Columbia facility procures, blends and packages 60 million lbs annually, of industrial wax lubricants used to support the PVC plastic industry. This entry level position will be responsible for ensuring the proper loading, unloading and operation of our automated packing equipment & forklifts. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate mechanical aptitudes with valve/pipe continuous flow systems, as well as, be able to provide minor preventative maintenance to the machinery. Plant management is committed to training for this position.
Main Job Responsibilities Include:
• Strictly adhere to all safety rules/regulations and participate in Honeywell Safety activities. • Maintain a safe and clean work area through daily housekeeping responsibilities. • Operate Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT) including fork trucks and man lifts. • Operate automated bagging machinery & robotic palletizer • Employee will routinely handle wooden pallets. • Perform daily preventive maintenance activities on bagging equipment. • Perform strenuous activities for extended periods of the working shift. • Troubleshoot production issues when required, and follow through appropriately. • Employee must be able to acquire, interpret and document detailed technical measurements.
This role will require working 12hr rotating shifts. However, the position will be exclusively night shift during May-Aug.
People with prior manufacturing/factory experience, auto mechanics, experience with agriculture machinery operation, plumbers & pipe fitters and vocational-tech graduates are encouraged to apply.
Basic Qualifications: • High School Diploma or GED
Additional Qualifications: • 1 -2 Years of manufacturing experience preferred. • Ability to learn to operate a Powered Industrial Truck (forklifts & manlifts)
• Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
• Must have proven track record of employment & maintain excellent attendance.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time (12 hrs).
• Ability to wear chemical protection PPE equipment for extended periods.
• Willingness to work overtime & night shift.
• Willingness to work exterior to the factory as necessary.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to work in teams to drive results. • Special consideration provided for experience or certifications: o Heavy industrial/agriculture equipment operation o Auto/ATV/Agriculture maintenance o Plumbing & Pipe fitting o Vo-tech certificates/diploma
More About Us:
Honeywell Specialty Materials employs approximately 10,000 people at more than 80 manufacturing and sales facilities worldwide. Customers choose our specialty products for industrial, consumer and military applications. We develop and produce high-strength fibers, high-purity chemicals and a range of materials for medical and healthcare applications as well as other intermediates, blends and additives
Job: *Integrated Supply Chain
Title: Process Technician
Requisition ID: 00330926