HP Category Manager in Dalian, China
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
• blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
• 3D printing
• multi-function printing
• Ink in the office
• tablets, phablets, notebooks
• mobile workstations
We’re looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future’s yours to create!
If you are Category Manager in Shanghai, you will have a chance to
• Accountable for results of a major category, supply chain, product line or program in terms of strategy, cost / cost savings, direction and people management. Ensures performance meets global and regional planning requirements.
• Manages a team of exempt individual contributors that typically support or manage a moderately complex category or business unit.
• Responsible for hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that the proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes.
• Plans, directs and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff, which may involve strategic issues.
• Meets with senior Stakeholder business executives to discuss impact of supply chain strategic development.
• Partners with suppliers on strategic development opportunities.
• Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and policy development and engages in the design. Provides guidance for changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility.
• Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established frameworks.
• Manages the demand and supply matching activities, connecting strategy to execution and identifying issues and their impact.
• Ability to influence a particular business across the EMEA region.
• Typically leads standard business process initiatives.
• Typically manages exempt individual contributors.
• Collaborates with contributors globally and across functions to deliver supply chain solutions.
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
• First level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
• Typically 8+ years of experience in a supply chain or related function.
• Typically 0-2 years of people management experience.
As Category Manager to be successful you should be:
• Excellent understanding of supply chain and procurement processes and strategy.
• Strong understanding of market place and industry supply base and standards.
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent analytical and data modelling skills
• Excellent project management skills.
• Strong people management skills, including managing teams across geographies.
• Excellent communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
• Strong business acumen and understanding of risk mitigation approaches and contract language usage.
• Strong understanding of the company's policies and processes.
• Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
Supply Chain & Operations
No shift premium (China)
EEO Tagline -
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
Learn more about HP personal data
practices at Privacy Statement at http://www.hp.com/go/privacy , and
Personal Data Rights Notice at http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/privacy/privacy_notice.html (where
applicable). Accessibility at HP at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/accessibility-aging/index.html
and Terms at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html