TD Industries Inc Assistant Controller in Dallas, Texas
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
Our Professional Services Team in Dallas, Texascurrently seeks an experienced accounting professional to join their team as an Assistant Controller. This position will assist the Corporate Controller in directing the company's accounting functions. Responsibilities include ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, researching, consolidating and entering transactions. These functions include establishing and maintaining the company’s accounting principles, practices, and procedures and establishing quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting. Oversees the preparation and evaluation of budgets and other financial operating reports, and presents findings and recommendations to senior management. Ensures that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards. Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex accounting tasks and financial analyses. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Controller in the direction of the accounting functions
- Assists in ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements
- Key contributor to the annual external audit process and related deliverables
- Preparation of annual budgets and financial reports and overseeing their evaluation
- Prepares and analyzes financial reports for management and all business units
- Assists in compliance support related to the 401(k) and ESOP retirement plans
- Prepares various tax returns and assists with financial and tax audits
- Prepares journal entries, reconciliations and account analyses on a monthly basis
- Develops and implements automation and process enhancements for operational systems and procedures
- Documents and monitors internal controls
- Provides accounting technical support for internal stakeholders
- Prepares materials for company board meetings
- Compiles materials for annual appraisal of company stock
- Assists the CFO and Controller with audits and other projects, as needed.
- Coordinate complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- Makes recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures
- Seven (7) to fifteen (15) years’ experience in core accounting roles.
- Experience in the construction industry preferred, but not required. Public accounting experience a plus.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of GAAP.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, with Accounting preferred
- CPA accreditation strongly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and accounting software
- Proficiency at the advanced level in Microsoft Office; primarily Excel and Word.
This description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant duties and responsibilities may be required at any time in order to meet business and organizational needs.
TDIndustries conducts pre-employment physicals, drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Pre-employment screening may also include certification/license verification and trade testing requirements as applicable. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of testing and screening.
We invite you to come see what makes us great! Join us in our dedication of making a positive impact on our communities and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
Our people oriented company offers great pay and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes health & wellness benefits, paid training & education, paid time off, paid holidays, income protection, retirement and employee ownership opportunities.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Dallas, TX