FleishmanHillard Project Manager Corporate Communications, Dallas in Dallas, Texas
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard Dallas has an immediate opening for a talented professional project manager. We’re looking for a candidate who is an expert at herding cats and creating calm out of chaos. If you’re a person who can wrangle creative and account types alike while still keeping projects on track – then read on.
As the project manager, your job is to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project you are working on. In this role, you will be responsible for shepherding creative and video projects from the idea stage through all phases of the production and post-production process. We seek someone who will work collaboratively as part of integrated communications teams to ensure the highest-quality product. This position will work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as other departments for support.
FleishmanHillard Dallas offers a fast-paced environment that encourages personal and professional growth and the opportunity have a panoramic view of Dallas (34 floors up, to be exact). We work on projects ranging in size from regional to global in scope for some resume bolstering brands. Our creative, armed with technical excellence and exceptional client service, deliver communications that advance our clients’ brands.
Sound like what you’re looking for?
- Time Management: You will be working with employees, vendors and management, often spinning multiple plates at once. Prepares planning materials (statements of work, budgets, vision and scope documents, etc.); managing communications, expectations and workflow with creative team members, vendors/partners, internal account staff, and external clients.
- Math and Budgeting: You’ll be expected to estimate, forecast for and maintain a budget. You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where your company's money is going. You’ll work with creative, account team and client to define scope and approach for a variety of integrated communications projects.
- Analytical Skills: You will need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data through our project management system imeetcentral and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
- Leadership Skills: You will have to keep teams motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions.
- Attention to Detail: Issues daily hot sheets, provides quality control and manages deliverables.
- Vendor Relations: Builds and manages client and vendor relationships; resolves challenges that arise during the project process and develops action plans to address potential roadblocks.
- Collaborative: Works as a collaborative, decisive partner and liaison across all parties including clients, vendors, creative staff, and operations.
- Contribute to making FH Dallas a fun and exciting place to work.
- Minimum of four years of project strategy and management experience at an advertising agency, public relations firm, interactive/web agency or consultancy.
- Knowledge and experience with employee communications creative program management.
- Strong leadership, management, communication and analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and precise under aggressive deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- Experience with project management workflow tools (imeetcentral).
- Ability to accurately estimate and scope various types of creative work.
- Ability to manage and track resources against a budget.
- Ability to navigate complicated client environments with strong situational awareness, recognizing potential issues before they happen.
- Thorough understanding of creative capabilities and processes.
- Proficiency in licensing photography, music and working with production houses.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- A desire to work hard and play hard.
To be successful, the candidate must have an outstanding track record in supporting and delivering quality work for clients, be a team player and a motivator, and demonstrate the ability to get the job done. A sense of humor is key. Interested candidates should be an outgoing, well-spoken, well-informed person with confidence and common sense. You’ll need a serious interest and awareness of trends, best practices, technology and business applications on the Internet and within FleishmanHillard.
This job description is asking for a lot. If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your resume with video examples, spelling out your role in each case.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of DAS, and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries.
About the DAS Group of Companies
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) ( www.omnicomgroup.com ), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.