Robert Half The Creative Group Senior Textile Designer in DALTON, Georgia
The Creative Group is very selectively searching for an experienced Senior Designer to join our client’s team in Dalton, GA. The Senior Designer will help to lead the development and creation of commercial products that meet the needs of end-users and contributes to the clients brand.
- Lead in the development and creation of commercial carpet product that meets the needs of End-users and contributes to the brand and color ideas for proposed products, participation in research for products and equipment, maintenance of color libraries in the Ned Graphics design system, computer simulations, and creation of design boards.
- Support Marketing and Sales Training product and development description needs.
- Research and follow market trend research as it relates to color and pattern development.
- Develop and assist in the presentation of product at design, trade and internal sales events.
- Work closely with Sales and the Market Development on the creation of custom product requests.
- Consult with Sales and external clients in the development and validation of new product offerings.
- Manage multiple product development projects working closely with manufacturing and marketing to meet defined product launch dates.
- Assist and mentor others in the context of a collaborative design studio environment.
- Participate in the research, evaluation and strategic updates of new tufting equipment and software as it becomes available.
- Develop tile and broadloom product prototypes by choosing color, yarns and pattern designs.
- Provide color and pattern work for sample development.
- On occasion call on specific clients in order to develop custom prototypes.
- CMG membership and active participation.
- Involved in innovative development of new product constructions including yarns.
- Generate computer simulations for requests by Territory Managers.
- Participate in roll and tile reviews.
- Provide backup on product simulations when necessary.
- Attending tradeshows and other trade / design related events such as NeoCon, CMG etc.
The Creative Group, a Robert Half company, specializes in placing highly skilled marketing, advertising, design, interactive and public relations professionals on a project and full-time basis with advertising and public relations agencies, Fortune 500 companies and small to mid-sized firms. We are faster at finding you work because of our strong network. We reach out to over 12,000 creative and marketing hiring managers each week. In addition to our free job search services, we provide our candidates with access to online skills training and a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Our parent company, Robert Half, once again was named to FORTUNE® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" and was the highest-ranked staffing firm. (March 1, 2016)
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 1.888.846.1668 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
Req ID: 00900-0008880370
Functional Role: Graphic Designer
Postal Code: 30722-1287
- Four-year college degree with an art related focus on color and design application.
- 6 + years experience in the design and development of tufted commercial tile and broadloom carpet.
- Proficiency in designing broadloom and modular carpet tufted patterns for Tuftco and CMC tufting equipment using NedGraphics Tuft, Texcelle design software, and Photoshop.
- Understanding of yarn thread-up requirements and construction methods to meet performance and aesthetic needs.
- Understanding of yarn dyeing techniques and ability to develop color palettes for product collections using solution-dyed yarn, space-dyed yarn, and the use of acid/cationic dye-able nylon for beck-dyed products.
- Ability to draw.
- Strong understanding of color theory.
- Ability to match colors on the computer (score above average on the Munsell color test.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Ability to design patterns and constructions for a variety of tufting machines.
- Ability to create color combinations suited for the contract market.
- Ability to identify yarn systems and understand how they can be used.
- Extensive design and color knowledge of tufted products and extensive knowledge of tufting equipment.
- Ability to follow color and design trends, interpret them into product ideas, and make presentation to designers, Management, Sales Representatives etc.
- Ability to create designs that answer the needs of the contract market.
- Ability to set color lines in the absence of the Director of Product.
- Ability to coordinate the work of others when the Director of Product is absent.
This Senior Designerposition requires professional and prudent communications working in a team environment with a diverse group of associates. If you like new challenges every day and are charged up by a fast paced environment, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Please email your resume and portfolio Amanda Cooper at The Creative Group at email@example.com. NO CALLS.
Also, follow me on LinkedIn for posting of new job opportunities: www.linkedin.com/in/creativegroupamanda