Graybar Counter Sales Representative in De Pere, Wisconsin
Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
Purpose Serve as a key face-to-face contact and liaison for customers. Generate sales while providing quick, accurate, courteous service to customers.
- Sell merchandise to customers utilizing product and applications knowledge to select material that best meets customer needs. When applicable, or as assigned, service orders that have been called in for customer pickup.
- Place, arrange, and maintain merchandise display. Recommend new stock items and support efforts to reduce or eliminate overstock and/or obsolete material.
- Perform any and all physical requirements necessary to lift and move inventory around the warehouse.
- Operate and maneuver warehouse equipment and any material(s) contained thereon in the manner consistent with the intended purpose of the equipment and the manufacturers’ instructions; follow all Company safety procedures.
- Update knowledge of products through self-study and attending product training classes.
- Other duties as assigned. Experience, Educational and Physical Requirements Minimum
- Minimum of 1 year of experience required: Customer service experience required
- Ability to perform the physical requirements necessary to receive, pick, pack, ship, and move materials throughout the warehouse, including, but not limited to, standing, walking, bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, climbing ladders, cutting wire, and lifting materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to operate and maneuver warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, and push carts, in the manner necessary to move materials and consistent with manufacturers’ instructions and safety instructions.
- Ability to perform some or all of the physical requirements of the material handler position.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment, including the ability to perform physical requirements, adapt to seasonal changes, significant temperature variations, and inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to abide by safety instruction and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or its equivalent is required.
Preferred * 2-3 years of experience preferred * High school diploma or GED preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Knowledge * Knowledge of product line and suppliers * Knowledge of the National Electrical Codes and Local Codes Skills * Administrative skills * Communication skills Abilities * Ability to work with customers at retail level * Ability to evaluate products in terms of customer needs * Ability to work cooperatively with all branch personnel * Ability to work well under minimal supervision, take initiative, and handle many issues without supervisory support * Ability to perform physical requirements Working Conditions Warehouse environment. May be some exposure to dust, heat or cold, and other seasonal changes.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Counter Sales Representative
Location: Wisconsin-De Pere