Festival Foods Deli Specialist in De Pere, Wisconsin
Job Title:*Deli Specialist*
FLSA Status: Salary
Reports To: Deli Assistant Director
The Deli Specialist must possess strong leadership skills. The position impacts all aspects of the Deli department across multiple locations; must develop associates and turn a profitable department. Investigate and resolve complaints regarding quality, quantity, and service. Prefer candidates with buying experience and category management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and develop a team of department managers across assigned company store locations.
- Establish and execute standards for personnel performance, customer service, and in-store merchandising.
- Monitor the department to ensure all safety standards are being met.
- Managing every day and seasonal assortments of products for all store locations.
- Plan and execute advertising by regional market.
- Manage and execute all aspects of retail pricing for the Deli Department.
- Analyze market trends and drive new items.
- Manage the departments overall profitability to ensure it aligns with annual operating plan and adjust as needed.
- Assist in annual forecasting and budgeting for the Deli Department.
- Assist in Annual Operating Plan Compilation and Review for the Deli Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, quantitative analysis, resource allocation, human resources, leadership techniques, coordination of people and resources.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills including verbal communication, listening, negotiation, problem solving, decision making, and being assertive.
Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, OneNote.
- Proficient in Servant Leadership practices.
- Monitoring and assessing performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Spend 90% in stores being hands on with the Deli Departments, standing in place for long periods of time; walking in the store; bending, stooping and kneeling regularly.
Remainder of time spent in an office environment.
The Deli Specialist is a salaried position. The work schedule will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to travel within the state of WI, up to 90% of the time.
- Supporting a 24/7 business operation, weekends are considered part of the work week as scheduled.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 25 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries; we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
Requisition Number: 16-2592
Post Date: 10/14/2016
Title: Deli Specialist
Is Position Part-Time?: No
City: De Pere