Walgreens Consumer Research Analyst in DEERFIELD, Illinois
Title: Consumer Research Analyst
Job Number: 024333
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We’re taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe’s Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Performs and implements daily operational activities that impact discrete components / processes of the specified Customer Loyalty & Insights work function, and may include responsibilities in the area of vendor collaboration, pharmacy insights, customer insights, pricing and promotion and/or consumer research.
Assistthe Manager in synthesizing consumer research findings into actionableinsights. Responsible for working with business and marketing partners tounderstand the goals and objectives to be able to create and deliver against aresearch strategic plan.
Performs and implements daily operational activities that impact discrete components / processes of the specified Customer Loyalty & Insights work function, and may include responsibilities in the area of vendor collaboration, pharmacy insights, customer insights, pricing and promotion and/or consumer research such as:
Creating deep dive analyses to study key area trends.
- Participating in development and enhancement of standard initiatives to optimize consumer awareness, market share, overall efficiencies and support specified work function initiatives.
- Participating in development of new programs and enhancing current programs to meet performance objectives.
- Running ad-hoc analyses to identify and recommend innovative options to drive business strategy.
- Performing research to identify industry trends and best practices.
- Evaluating key area trends and developing/implementing innovative programs/improvements.
- Analyzing performance against departmental objectives.
- Participating in monitoring departmental strategies and objectives.
- Identifies and determines likely reasons for problematic causes. Prepares accurate documentation and communication to effectively facilitate elimination of problems / roadblocks as they occur and create efficient fixes.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to accomplish activities. Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Constructively challenges current methods to identify areas of improvement and deliver improved results.
- Participates in and contributes to departmental meetings by adding relevant input to assist in driving program results.
- Works on small projects and may lead some project work streams, as necessary. Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties. Ensures assigned initiatives are completed within budget and on time to meet business units’ needs.
- Works to develop knowledge and understanding for area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 1 year of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.Experiencein ad development research testing and tracking