AXA Financial Reporting Manager in Deerfield, Illinois
Financial Reporting Manager
Financial Reporting Manager
Job ID : 40854
Job ID :
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.
This position is responsible for producing accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and running the year end audits in a timely manner and in alignment with expectations from Executive Management and company requirements. Responsible for ensuring all data is accurate and available on time. Continuously reviews reporting process and designs and implements suggestions to increase efficiency of financial reporting.
Summary of Role and Responsibilities
· Manages month end close process, including the consolidation of 3 entities.
· Ensures consistency and a corporate brand for all materials developed.
· Oversees projects, and assure that all project deliverables are timely, and meet the highest quality.
· Assembles data in order to produce monthly financial statements to communicate and distribute to senior management.
· Compiles and submits quarterly financial consolidation package, including all schedules, to Paris headquarters through web based consolidation tool (Magnitude).
· In charge of annual US GAAP and IFRS audits.
· Builds and maintains system generated financial reports.
· Assembles financial reporting related to travel insurance line of business on a weekly basis.
· Creates and produces reports as requested on an ad hoc and/or as needed.
· Drives cross departmental cooperation (e.g. IT, HR, etc) to ensure reporting accuracy and timing.
Minimum Education Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· Five + years of experience in a similar role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to juggle multiple tasks while still delivering high-quality results
· Strong experience with accounting/reporting software tools.
· Strong knowledge of USA GAAP.
· Strong analytical skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Exhibits leadership skills according to AXA Leadership Framework at Managerial level
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to positively project the Company and department
· BS in Accounting
· International Experience
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.