CB&I Welding Specialist - Calpine in Delta, Pennsylvania
Title: Welding Specialist - Calpine
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Delta
The ideal candidate will provide welding support implementing the CB&I Welding Program for assigned Power Group Construction Project, and is a project technical welding specialist for welding related process issues, documentation, and inspection. This position reports programmatically to the Site Quality Manager.
- Issues, and controls Welding Procedures, Welding Specifications, Process Control Documents, and all other technical welding documents.
- Must be a Level II Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), ASNT SNT-TC-1A, or experienced to be certified by CB&I.
- Must perform visual inspection of welds and coordinate Radiographic, UT and PT/MT testing of welds.
- Provide support to discipline Field Engineers (piping, component, structural, etc.) with the development of Welding Documentation (Weld Data Records and Weld Maps) for their respective construction work packages
- Daily activities include field inspection, weld mapping, coaching of welders, welder qualification, quality surveillances, and disposition support of welding issues and non-conformances
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a certified welder, or 2 years of experience as welder and a 2 year associates degree in welding technology, or a 4 year degree in welding engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of extensive experience as a field welding engineer / welding quality inspector, or welding superintendent in power plant, shipbuilding, or industrial process construction, maintenance, or manufacturing.
- Experience working with, B31.1, B31.3, AWS D1.1, and ASME Sections I, VIII, and IX.
- Must be able to physically perform the job duties, including walking, climbing stairs/ladders, see and hear within legal limits.
- Experience with evaluation and resolution development of welding related project and code issues
- Must have good computer and writing skills.
- Level II Certified Welding Inspector.
- Knowledge and experience with field machining and / or precision measurements for the installation of piping and equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with PWHT
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Technical Services
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Contract
Job Posting: May 19, 2017, 7:42:21 AM
Requisition ID: 1705258