Farmers Insurance APD Field Claims Representative - Denver SOUTH in Denver South, Colorado
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Investigates, determines liability, confirms coverage, establishes damages, and negotiates settlement of claims. Will also be required to maintain an active adjusters license in states where required.
Essential Job Functions
- Investigates, confirms coverage, determines liability, establishes damages, reports status and negotiates the settlement of assigned cases which may include the more difficult files and which may require specialized experience (has authority to make payment of assigned claims within prescribed limits).
- Adjusts all types of claims.
- Inspects damaged property and vehicles, and determines claims related damage.
- Estimates the cost of repair or replacement of damaged or stolen property and vehicles.
- Determines and reports on subrogation potential.
- Initiates the sale of salvage vehicles, personal property, and miscellaneous salvage items.
- Reports theft, fraud, and arson losses as required to state and industry agencies.
- Performs most duties on an individual basis, and work has a direct bearing on Management results.
- Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
- Personal contacts are a major part of activity and include policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, repair facilities, contractors, police and fire departments, state and county fraud and arson personnel, special investigators, attorneys, expert witnesses, members of the medical profession and all other persons incident to the investigation and processing of claims.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing Speaking (English) Climbing Reaching Standing Key entering Reading (English) Walking Kneeling Seeing Writing (English)
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: Uncontrolled outside environmental conditions Excessive Noise Levels Chemicals Chemical/Biological Conditions Moving Mechanical Parts Areas considered dangerous Conditions, which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation.
Four-year college degree or an automotive related Associate of Applied Science degree from an accredited technical college, or the experience described below.
Successful completion of the Special Claims Representative Certification process required, including all prerequisites, required tool proficiencies (i.e., Xactimate, Collosus, etc.) and exams. External candidates have 90 days from date of hire to complete the process and should have a minimum of two years of prior claims experience. Special Skill Requirements.
Special Skill Requirement
Communication Skills Personal Computer Literate Valid driver's license Bondable
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: APD Field Claims Representative - Denver SOUTH
Location: Colorado-Denver South
Requisition ID: 170004IV