Abbott Global Marketing Ops Coordinator in Des Plaines, Illinois
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 73,000 people. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
Provide organizational support by working directly with cross-functional individuals and teams to coordinate and execute activities related to the development of marketing materials for the launch and maintenance of the Division's products.
Develop, monitor, and maintain processes for day to day global marketing projects and programs to ensure compliance with corporate and AM divisional processes
Ensure all projects are completed on time and on budget and compliant with quality standards
Manage and track the validated AM digital ad promo system (pepper) to ensure compliance
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
1. Work cross-functionally to develop marketing materials for new products or for revisions to existing products including compliance with applicable corporate and divisional policies and procedures
2. Demonstrate the ability to proactively address issues and drive multiple tasks to completion and as well as coordinate the efficient use of digital assets: artwork, copy, and high resolution resources to meet deadlines for new product releases and/or product revisions
3. Responsible for interpreting, tracking, and maintaining project schedules and escalating project timeline risks to management as well as managing and monitoring budgets for on time and on budget delivery
4. Organize and execute US and International events including meetings, events, tradeshows, and conferences for the global marketing organization.
Implement and maintain the effectiveness of the Quality System
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience and demonstrated competence; additional post-graduate education may contribute toward the desired years of experience;
Typically requires 2+ years of work experience to develop the competence required to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position;
Candidates / incumbents should possess the following:
- demonstrated technical competency and working technical knowledge and application of marketing operations concepts, practices and procedures;
- strong organizational and project management skill
- ability or aptitude to work on problems of moderate scope;
- ability to read and interpret project schedules
- strong proofreading ability and attention to detail is required
- strong interpersonal skills; must be service-oriented
- ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior;
- ability to work independently and in groups; ability to work cross-functionally
- ability or aptitude to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills; critical-thinking skills
- ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and other computer software; html skills helpful
- ability to prioritize;
- ability or aptitude to provide solutions and contingency plans through the comprehensive review of alternatives;
- ability to apply legal aspects of packaging, trademarks and promotions is helpful;
- understanding of FDA regulatory environments and landscapes is helpful;
ability to quickly gain knowledge, understanding or skills and is willing to learn;
Accountability / Scope:
Works independently and takes ownership of issues resolution with minimal general supervision of more experienced staff who review results for overall accuracy, completeness and sound judgment; identifies and quantifies technical risks and their consequences relative to the success of part of a project; recommends appropriate action; decisions or recommendations would typically achieve department / project objectives; drives functional performance to ensure that cross-functional standards and expectations are met; may assist in the training of personnel as directed by management; may mentor others. Serves as resident expert on process;. Develops relationship with US and International organizations.
JOB FAMILY: Marketing-Advertising/Promotion
DIVISION: AMD Molecular
LOCATION: United States >Des Plaines : 1350 East Touhy Avenue
WORK SHIFT: Standard
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: No
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.