FleishmanHillard Content Specialist, Detroit in Detroit, Michigan
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard’s growing Detroit office has an immediate need for a Content Specialist who is a creative thinker with a curious mind and a writer’s hand. This member of the team will be responsible for researching content opportunities and needs based on internal/external factors and emerging trends. They will curate and help create (when necessary) content applicable to the brand strategy - within our client, regional markets, online or consumer-generated. The Content Specialist will support Content Planning process and apply insights to available content (including maintaining a robust content audit). They will participate in brainstorms for new content initiatives and work with the creative team to establish opportunities and direction with content assets (curated) and/or concepts (created).
The Global Content Studio is unique, fully integrated team that’s solely dedicated to creating world-class, “always on” content that builds the client brand while meeting the needs of car shoppers and owners—globally. Working in lockstep with our client counterparts from around the world, this team drives efficiencies and fluidly integrates the practice areas of strategy, search, creative, and analytics to plan, produce, and distribute content across the entire digital ecosystem (paid/earned/owned) that is globally consistent and locally relevant.
Content Mining (25%)
- Identify internal and external sources of content (auto blogs, third-party auto sites, media partners) and inspiration
- Conduct content research on specific brand pillars topics, competitors, and trends for both curated and new content
- Build relationships with internal and external “owners” of content sources
- Classify, prioritize, and continually update and maintain content sources library
Content Curation and Creation (70%)
- Find and recommend content to be curated around a brand pillar (i.e., Technology, Dependability)
- Maintain content audit
- Draft curated and original content (mainly copy), when needed, to be edited or approved by Digital Copywriter
- Work with Product Information specialist to ensure content is accurate
- Work with Digital Art Director and Digital Copywriter to ensure content is on brand and compelling
- Be involved in creative/ideation process
Content Requirements and Expertise (5%)
- Define and be an expert on content format and requirements (text, image, video, audio, animation, etc.)
- Define and be an expert on digital channel requirements; stay on top of channel requirements evolution by connecting with global centers of excellence
- Be the go-to person on assets requirements and specs (functional & technical) with Digital Project Managers
- Communicate with regional clusters through Digital Project Manager to understand regional/local content requirements
- Develop content planning and curation best practices and guidelines
- Share content and assets with Asset Management lead for global availability and upload assets as necessary.
- Create and maintain directory of internal and external content sources and contacts
- Draft copy (write) content for multiple digital platforms/formats in global content calendar
- Define content meta-data to comply with asset management process
- Content curation guidelines and best practices
- Content audit
- 3-5 years of integrated marketing or digital communications experience on content curation and/or creation for websites, blogs and main social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) in PR, digital or social media agency or corporate setting.
- Content curation and mining
- Cross-digital channel understanding (Website, Mobile, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram), Digital content mining (research), Copywriting (long and short form), Content planning
- Creativity and experience writing for websites and/or social media
- Mastery of digital marketing tools and platforms (social media, website, mobile)
- Understanding and use of tools for web and content research
- Highly organized
- Propensity for time management and multi-tasking
- Build relationships with internal and external information providers.
- Natural curiosity, entrepreneurial mentality, refined communication skills, tenacious, persistent, resilient
- Global mindset
- Bachelor’s degree; Journalism, copywriting or editorial background preferred
- Familiarity with technology used to house and distribute content.
- Basic understanding of search engine optimization practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of SEO principals and implementation
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) ( www.omnicomgroup.com ),manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc. ( www.omnicomgroup.com ) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.