Abbott CORPORATE SALES EXECUTIVE in Detroit, Michigan
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 73,000 people. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
This position covers nationwide, with primary focus Detroit/west.
Primary Job Function
This is a manager level field sales position. It entails selling the entire line of Abbott Vascular Coronary, Endovascular, and Vessel Closure products to targeted regional Integrated Delivery Networks and strategic accounts. The selling process includes forging strong relationships with key internal stakeholders, upper and mid-level executives within IDN headquarters located within the assignment as well as with targeted strategic accounts. Additional responsibilities include targeting individuals with whom to forge strong corporate relationships, from the clinical level to the C-Suite. The Corporate Sales Executive will focus on developing new business markets employing innovative contracting strategies and value propositions aimed at leveraging volume to obtain system-wide agreements. They will also help coordinate the activities of three diverse business units; working closely with field sales and sales management to develop and implement specific strategies for Key Opinion Leaders. Travel required 50-75%.
Core Job Responsibilities
1. Coordinating the sales activity amongst three diverse business units.
2. Developing relevant business plans with clearly defined strategies and objectives at the targeted IDN level, the account level, and KOL level by BU.
3. Selling, including cross-business unit initiatives in order to meet and exceed sales goals.
4. Closing contracts designed to maximize sales value to Abbott and the account
5. Coordinating KOL activity with the sales teams from each BU and the Marketing and Clinical Research organizations.
6. Ensuring contract optimization through effective implementation strategies and business reviews.
7. Account Management/Customer Care
8. Communication of Abbott Vascular’s value proposition at regular intervals at all levels within targeted IDN and strategic accounts
9. Leadership and self development.
10. Effectively manage assigned budget while maximizing return on investment
11. Developing and executing value added programs.
12. Represent Strategic Accounts and Abbott Vascular at regional and local trade association meetings and key divisional sales meetings to promote corporate initiatives, products, programs, and to educate internal and external customers on a variety of key healthcare issues.
Position Accountability / Scope
Relationship-building, both internal and external, is key to this position, which interfaces with sales personnel throughout the division.
Assignments are expressed in the form of objectives; makes decisions regarding work processes or operational plans and schedules in order to achieve the program objectives established by senior management; consequences of erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally include critical delays and modifications to projects or operations with substantial expenditure of time,
human resources, and funds, and may jeopardize future business activity.
Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
·Prior experience/knowledge of medical devices preferred. 2 + years sales management proven track record in medical devices, preferred. Experience in growth and mature business, as well as multiple product businesses preferred. 50-75% travel covering the specific Geographic Regions. Travel required 50-75%.
JOB FAMILY: Sales-Sales Force
DIVISION: AVD Vascular
LOCATION: United States - Michigan - Detroit
WORK SHIFT: Standard
TRAVEL: Yes, 50 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: Yes
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.