SoSi Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) - Djibouti, Africa in Djibouti, United States
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
4-160928-4669: Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) - Djibouti, Africa
Job Category Operations Support/Management
Duty Location Overseas - Africa - Djibouti
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 4-160928-4669
SOSi is seeking a highly qualified Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) who will be responsible for executing SOSI’s safety program and government-accepted Accident Prevention Plan for a diverse program which provides base operations, support and services functions in support of a US Navy mission located at Camp Lemmonnier, Djibouti, Africa.
Typical duties include:
- Implement and manage the Safety and Accident Prevention Programs
- Ensure performance and Safety function conforms to established standards and governmental agency guidelines to ensure lasting customer satisfaction
- Develop audit program and ensure audits of procedural elements of program management occur
- Work directly with operating entities to ensure inspections, statistical process analyses, and audits are conducted on a continuing basis as specified to enforce requirements and meet specifications
- Consult with local management in determining best measures of project efficiency
- Conduct and direct internal management audits, prepare formal audit reports, and define audit schedules
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or safety and health degree
- Completed the OSHA 30-hour construction safety class or equivalent and maintain competency through 24 hours of formal safety and health related coursework every four years
- At least five years of experience of satisfactory experience in preparing and enforcing safety programs on contracts of similar size and complexity in the past or three years’ experience if he possesses a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or safety and health degree
Working conditions are in an austere environment
Position will require candidate to undergo medical screening and meet deployability standards