Midwestern University Administrative Assistant - IL - Physical Therapy Institute in Downers Grove, Illinois
- Perform office duties, including but not limited to: scheduling patients; welcoming patients and their families; monitoring physician documentation/communication; communicating with student clinicians; and assisting with marketing mailings.
- Execute administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- Assisting clinical coordinator in management of the Physical Therapy Institute
- Faxing and monitoring the return of plans of care and progress notes
- Following up with physician inquiries
- Escorting patients to and from the lobby
- Maintain patient waitlist
- Assist in cleaning of the clinic and equipment
- Maintaining physical referral list
- Providing support for marketing events
- Attending department/clinic meetings; record minutes as requested
- Assisting patients, their families, and student clinicians at the Physical Therapy Institute
- Organizing and maintaining clinic policies, resources and patient handouts
- Monitoring and ordering clinic supplies and materials
- Assisting with clinic events
- Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED. Some college/technical school course completion preferred. Experience working in a team and customer service oriented environment; medical or clinical setting experience preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A heart for helping others, and willingness to learn about people with physical impairments.
Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). Willingness to learn new software programs, such as those that support medical record keeping.
Intermediate skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to clinic clients, academic and clinical faculty, and graduate students.
Intermediate skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posted: October 6, 2016