Fairmont Front Office Night Supervisor (Arabic Speaker) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Front Office Night Supervisor (Arabic Speaker)
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our Guests and visitors is an integral part of our operations. As a Night Supervisor, youwill assist in managingthe Front Office department during night operation. All problems must be attended to and solved using the resources of other Colleagues and Leaders, delegating where and when required. Follow up is a priority and is expected as well as providing supervision and leadership to all Front Office areas.
Hotel Overview: A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Just minutes from Dubai's key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre. Nine contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Night Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Set a high example in regards to punctuality, appearance, attitude, leadership, Guest relations, observance of Hotel Policies and Procedures, loyalty to management and interdepartmental cooperation
- Support company and hotel policies and procedures including the promotion and participation in EOS, Health and Safety and GSI initiatives
- Use discretion and tact when dealing with Guest enquiries, problems or complaints in an efficient and professional manner without detriment to the Hotel or its reputation
- Check all the night audit reports and complete the end of day accurately and in a timely manner
- Advise the Night Manager of any matters relating to Guests, their welfare and behavior as considered desirable for various reasons
- Check the condition of the departure rooms and assist if required
- Follow up with the Front Desk Agents in regards to any room discrepancies (skips, sleeps) and assist with their inspection
- Ensure that the Police report is being done on a regular basis
- Ensure all Colleagues within Front Office are fully aware of the daily inventory, yield and revenue management, and sell rates
- Assist in the building of an efficient team of Colleagues by taking active interest in their welfare, safety and development
- In all incidents, provide management with reports and recommend actions to avoid repetition of any incident, accident theft, complaints etc
- Ensure maximum safety for Guests and Colleagues during emergencies.
- Be fully trained in emergency procedures and to assist in carrying out any practice drills
- Monitor the car park and driveway
- Make regular rounds of the Hotel to ensure smooth operations in all areas
- Take door reads when necessary
- Authorize after hour distribution of keys, including dry stores and beverage stock
- All complaints pertaining to the Nightclub are to be forwarded to the Nightclub Management
- Supervise Front Desk Colleagues, assist in check in and checkouts
- Perform any other related duties assigned to him/her by the Night Manager
- Must speak Arabic
- Knowledge of Opera and Microsoft Office
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignment and additional duties
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be strong team player with proven leadership, development and delegating skills
- Highest Guest service skills, talent and knowledge with the vision and ability to lead employees to excellence
- Diploma in Hotel management an asset
- Previous International experience essential
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont Dubai
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Overnight Job
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: DBI02209