Fairmont General Tradesman in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Maintain and monitor guest floors as listed in the department’s check list and respond to maintenance requests as advised by the department and close out all finished assignments.
Hotel Overview:Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total ofsix food and beverage outlets on property plus 24-hour in-room dining—offer a mix of culinary and entertainment options that mirror Dubai’s cosmopolitan air includinga Mediterraneanand a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Shift Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Respond to maintenance requests as advised by the department and close out all finished assignments
- Maintain and repair all Guestrooms, Public Areas and Heart of House in accordance with the PPM procedures and standard guidelines
- Ensure arrival rooms quick inspections according to the check list and rectify complaints if any
- All fixtures and fittings are to be maintained functional in all Guestrooms and Public Areas
- Respond to Guestroom calls within twenty minutes
- Ensure good “work hygiene” to protect guest areas from damage
- Greet guests during your presence in the property and maintain appropriate grooming
- Familiarize with the design and the layout of all guest areas
- Follow the shift duties as per department duty roster and must be flexible with scheduling
- Applies mastery of skills and serves as a resource to others in the resolution of problems relates with Guest Rooms
- Understand and practice hotel emergency fire procedures
- Report any unusual finding or safety hazards immediately to the Assistant Chief Engineer/Director of Engineering
- The desire to uphold Fairmont the Palm Service promise by treating each individual guest and their requests in a timely, professional and friendly manner
- The commitment to grow and develop with The Fairmont brand.
- Perform duties outside the scope of the position in case of emergency, when called upon.
- Be on call after normal operating hours and coordinate with technicians after hours if necessary.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Previous experience in similar and/or related fields in a 5 Star Hotel
- At least 1 year experience at same level
- Operates with integrity and objectivity at all times
- Organized and demonstrates good planning skills
- Proactive to address and resolve issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- A Team player
- Detail Conscious and accurate in all aspects of Engineering work
- Motivated in completing efficient Engineering duties
- Ability to communicate effectively across a multi-national, multi-cultural environment.
- Enthusiastic and pleasant personality
- Previous experience is an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to ):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- In good health condition
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements:Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
*ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS *At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 26.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: PMI01394