Black & Veatch Electrical Engineer 4 - Substation Design in Dublin, California
Electrical Engineer 4 - Substation Design
A Black & Veatch substation project engineer works on diverse and challenging projects from greenfield installations to retrofits. Our substation engineers are given the responsibility for engineering design, material, equipment, and construction specification development for high voltage substation projects. The assignments are varied and will include engineering only, constructions support, and Engineer Procure & Construct (EPC) projects.
This position offers the opportunity for the successful to learn about other engineering disciplines, develop additional areas of technical expertise of interest to you, and participate in professional organizations such as IEEE. You will receive the appropriate training and support to become the primary client interface on technical and engineering issues and to be the internal interface between engineering disciplines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Engineering for EPC project physical design, material and equipment specifications, and construction contracting.
• Execution of outdoor bus design, grounding, protection and control, and SCADA systems.
• Conducting internal and external client, manufacturer and contractor meetings.
• Developing and monitoring schedule and budget against actual performance.
• Providing input to monthly status reports.
• Developing and managing the preparation of proposals for new projects.
• Promotes a quality focused culture and effectively implements Black & Veatch’s thorough quality assurance program.
• Mentors and teaches design engineers and technicians.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Professional Engineer (PE) license strongly preferred.
• Experience with EPC projects is desired.
• Experience in projects at 69kV and above is desired.
• Displays strengths in the areas of: Verbal and Written Communications, Drive for Results, Decision Quality, Priority Setting, Planning, Delegation, Directing Others, Conflict Management, Informing, Listening, Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, and Building Effective Teams.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.