Google Head of Google Marketing Solutions, Netherlands in Dublin, Ireland
With a rapidly growing array of sales teams, it's important to have seasoned, charismatic leaders to guide our client sales teams. As a Sales manager, you'll lead and coach high-performing account teams that use consultative sales skills to understand our advertisers' needs and deliver measurable solutions that grow their businesses. You will also work with the sales leadership team to set strategic objectives and run the day-to-day operations for the business. Sales managers willingly help their teams and roll up their sleeves to partner directly with clients to provide comprehensive service. You are an excellent communicator with a proven ability to train and motivate a large team, and you take an analytical approach to sales management.
In this role, it is important to have customer focused leaders who can drive an entrepreneurial business culture within their team to deliver on our growth ambitions for the Netherlands market. As a Country Lead for our Small- and Medium-sized Business (SMB) division in one of our largest markets in EMEA, you'll lead and work with your management team to understand our advertisers’ needs, devise appropriate business strategies and deliver measurable results. As a leader, you will work within the Northern Europe Senior Leadership Team to set and implement strategic plans for your assigned market and have responsibility for business growth performance, defining market strategy, resource allocation and specific asks for the global product team.
You and your management team will develop coaching programs to ensure our team of high-performing account managers develop as a leading sales team. You'll also manage the day-to-day operations of the business, meaning you'll lead in creating a shared vision and a combined growth plan with the broader SMB teams. The aim of this is driving a One SMB approach across Acquisition, Channel Sales, Global Customer Experience and Marketing. You will partner with the Large Customer Sales (LCS) Country Manager and teams to develop specific areas of collaboration that drive growth and Google’s in-market reputation as you participate in local PR, media and events.
Crucially, as Country Lead, you remain centrally involved in key customer engagements, and lead and coach the team as a role model to drive customer success. To achieve this, you are an excellent communicator with the ability to train and motivate a large team, taking an analytical approach to sales management combined with an eagerness to innovate and try new things to drive growth.
- Represent SMB Sales for your assigned market on all strategic, operational and customer facing issues internally and externally.
- Be responsible for business growth and productivity attainment by representing the SMB Sales Team in target-setting for your assigned market. Manage delivery of goals for your assigned market and program devising strategies to meet quarterly quotas.
- Work cross-functionally and with LCS stakeholders to develop an ambitious business growth plan for your assigned market and execute successfully against it.
- Develop and implement innovative best practices for business programs and markets. Ensure that your team is always up-to-date with the newest advertiser solutions.
- Manage a team of SMB Sales Representatives and team leads, working on improvements for Google's advertiser portfolio. Coach and manage your team to develop sales and account management skills and contribute to the management of the wider EMEA team.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Dutch fluently and idiomatically.
- MBA degree.
- Considerable sales management experience in an EMEA online business or targeting the Benelux markets.
- Experience leading teams, with a focus on coaching and mentoring, and demonstrated success developing sales teams and hitting targets.
- Ability to leverage account management, relationship building and planning to increase business from existing sources. Ability to manage multiple projects while paying strict attention to detail and comfortable with a rapidly-changing environment and working to targets.
- Ability to think strategically and ability to make changes to meet strategic needs within your market
- Established and recognized presence in a regional marketplace with an extensive list of relationships.