SunTrust Banks Banking Center Manager 1 FT (40hrs) Durham, NC Duke- Ewrin Branch in Durham, North Carolina
Banking Center Manager 1 FT (40hrs) Durham, NC Duke- Ewrin Branch-W439036
The Branch Manager has responsibility for managing all aspects of assigned branch. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Branch Manager has responsibility for management of the entire branch. Management responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Managing two or more FTEs
• Conducting performance reviews
• Interviewing and selection of candidates to fill branch positions
• Performance counseling, including making and recommending disciplinary action decisions
• Ensuring compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies
• Cash handling transactions, as necessary
Ultimately responsible for driving branch performance results through:
• Strong individual and team sales/referral performance in deposits, loans, investment and other product lines
Directing, leading and coaching of superior sales and service behaviors and activities by the entire team
Developing and executing plans in order to meet/exceed of branch sales goals while maintaining an operationally efficient and compliant branch
Conducting sales efforts, as required, to bring relationships while also ntaining and expanding existing personal and business banking relationships
Accountability for maximizing sales, customer satisfaction, and minimizing operating losses by executing the plays and strategies outlined for the branch.
Reviewing performance results via Edge$ell, QlikView and other sources to assess performance and make necessary adjustments in team capabilities, teammate coaching, etc.
Successfully executing the Client Execution Model (CEM) plays, coaches teammates, and utilizes branch performance metrics in order to manage and measure branch success.
Conducting new client prospecting efforts to bring in new client relationships, while also maintaining and expanding existing personal and business banking relationships.
Maintains and develops relationships with existing small business customers to continually deepen those relationships and achieve small business goals.
Ensuring branch compliance with bank procedures, internal controls, risk management and the SunTrust Code of Conduct.
Ensuring that all required training is successfully completed by the entire team.
May also be required to complete other tasks or responsibilities that are not part of routine core operations, such as representing the bank in local community organizations, educating teammates on new products, and/or acting as champion for specialized business or campaign initiatives, etc.,
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Three years retail sales experience serving consumer and/or small business clients with 18 months leadership and coaching experience or three years financial sales and service experience with at least 18 months previous experience in a leadership and coaching role.
Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
• Two years of college with focus on business, finance or accounting. Three or more years financial sales and service experience in a retail branch environment with two years direct supervisory experience.
• Previous experience as an In-store Assistant Branch Manager or Personal Banker at SunTrust Bank or comparable roles at other financial institutions.
• Completion of Core STU Curriculum Training as well as corresponding Branch Manager coursework.
• Knowledge of retail bank branch operations, policies and procedures.
• Must have cash handling or payment transaction experience.
External Candidates: Prior experience managing a small or in-store branch (similar to a SunTrust Banking Center 1 or In Store Center 1) with a consistent track record of meeting or exceeding sales and operational goals strongly preferred.
Primary Location: NC-Durham and Orange Counties
Work Locations: Duke-Erwin Road
2714 Erwin Road
Equal Opportunity Employer
SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.