Festival Foods Front End Service Counter Clerk in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Job Title: Service Counter Clerk
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Front End Manager
The #1 responsibility of the Service Counter Associate will be to manage daily Service Counter operations and strengthen guest relations through advanced customer service and engagement techniques. Apart from responding to inquiries, they provide information to the customers that help them in making purchasing decisions and resolve any complaints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Taking ownership in order to take care of customer needs directly either by face-to-face, electronically, or telephone and responding to customer inquiries promptly.
- Responding to customer inquiries regarding offers, promotions, and events.
- Adopting the guidelines established by Festival to resolve the complaints from customers.
- Accurately and efficiently process transactions and accurately maintain all cash and media at Service Counter registers.
- Distribute cashier tills and partner with cashiers throughout the day to ensure associate and customer needs are being met.
- Recording details of comments, inquiries, complaints, and actions taken.
- Providing customers with exchanges, refunds, discounts, coupons, or other offers related to their retail store account activity.
- Performing customer verifications, processing orders, applications, forms, and requests.
- Handling additional service, including but not limited to: DMV, Lottery, Rug Doctor, and ticket sales.
- Directing unresolved issues and requests to the appropriate designated resource.
- Contributing to the maintenance and development of standards, procedures and policies regarding customer service. Support and execute superior customer service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum availability must include 16 hours a week with a minimum of 8 hours per day during available days
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
- Ability to read, count, and write accurately.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Knowledge of wide range of goods and services of Festival.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Should have sound practical judgment of priorities.
- Interest in helping and working with customers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed
The Service Counter Clerk is an hourly position that may be part-time (less than 35 hours per week) or full-time (35-40 hours per week). The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays within the individual’s availability.
Requisition Number: 16-2656
Post Date: 10/4/2016
Title: Front End Service Counter Clerk
Is Position Part-Time?: Yes
City: Eau Claire