Elim Care Executive Director of Empira in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Empira is a collaboration of older adult service providers in Minnesota working together to integrate clinical excellence and quality improvement across the care continuum. Established nearly 14 years ago, the organization is currently composed of four member organizations: Elim Care, Presbyterian Homes and Services, St Therese and Volunteers of America. Our mission is to improve the quality of care and services for older adults in all settings.
Empira is seeking an Executive Director. The role of the Executive Director requires a combination of organizational leadership and operational talent as well as strategic expertise. The Executive Director provides the management expertise for achieving the goals and objectives of the program in accordance with the mission of the organization. The Executive Director’s responsibilities can be divided into six (6) broad categories: External relationships; planning; organization; operations/management; financial resources; and leadership. A notable part of this is creating and executing grant initiatives with the State of Minnesota to facilitate quality improvements via PIPPs.
Executive Director Duties:
- Oversee all educational, data and networking activities of Empira.
- Prepare board packets and participate in quarterly board meetings preparing and developing appropriate documents as needed.
- Provide direction and leadership for monthly Operation’s Team Meeting and Empira staff meetings.
- Manage work load, direct and support the Empira staff with completing their required duties.
- Prepare and analyze pertinent data for the Empira membership.
- Prepare mandatory reports for grant making organizations following the required reporting schedule. Oversee and edit membership reports to these agencies.
- Assist the Empira member organizations in deploying program goals and initiatives.
- Develop content, organize and deliver educational meetings and operational updates to various stakeholder groups on a monthly, quarterly and bi-annual basis as required.
- Serve as a committee member and/or provide leadership to the Quality Committees at LeadingAge and Care Providers and other provider groups as able.
- Review and evaluate emerging practices in evidence based clinical programs, quality improvement, organizational change and leadership to implement the goals and objectives of Empira programs.
- Design, develop and deliver educational presentations on operational, quality improvement and health related topics.
- Oversee the monthly accounting and financial activities of Empira.
- Serve as resource person and agent for computers, human resource activities and phones.
- Secure appropriate insurance coverage and documentation.
We offer competitive wage and benefit packages with a supportive environment. Send resumes to email@example.com. No calls please.
Skills / Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Visionary passion for system/process initiatives that increase quality of care
- Ability to analyze data/trends & communicate these in a way that leads to action
- Ability to prioritize goals, as well as lead/support others in achieving them
- 3+ years of experience leading a professional team in older adult services
- MN nursing home administrator license preferred; other clinical licensure a plus
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Elim Care, Corporate
Location: US-MN-Eden Prairie
Application deadline: October 31, 2016