U.S. Army Medical Command Nurse (Clinical/Obstetrics-Gynecology) in El Paso, Texas
U.S. Army Medical Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- El Paso, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 10/18/2016 (2 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 10/27/2016 (7 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:Duty Location: This position is located at William Beaumont Army Medical Center, Department of Women's and Children Services, Fort Bliss, TX.
Since 1921, William Beaumont Army Medical Center (WBAMC) has provided care for military personnel and their eligible family members. WBAMC is one of two trauma centers in El Paso County and consists of twelve stories that cover more than a half-million square feet of floor space. WBAMC provides trauma care to the surrounding community and a full range of medical care to Fort Bliss, which supports over 19,000 troops and will grow to over 37,000 as it undergoes the largest post expansion in the Army. William Beaumont offers an array of programs in many medical disciplines and has close partnerships with higher learning institutions. The medical center is easily accessible and offers ample free parking, an exchange, dining facility, barber shop, cleaners, flower shop, chapel, credit union, gym, and more. The staff members of William Beaumont are closely-knit and consider each other as a unified team with the goal of providing excellent patient care. Caring for our soldiers and their families is an excellent way of showing our support. To learn more, visit www.wbamc.amedd.army.mil
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Nurse (Clinical/Obstetrics-Gynecology), you will:
- Assess current health history to obtain information.
- Instruct patients in the proper use of medications and explain treatments.
- Triage patients in the OB/GYN emergency clinic.
- Respond to emergency situations such as spontaneous abortions, ectopic pregnancies, premature deliveries, hemorrhage, and cardiac arrest.
- Participate in various patient education programs.
- Provide initial counseling for parents experiencing perinatal loss and provide grief counseling for parents with prenatal diagnosis of fetal abnormality.
- Not Required
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Education:Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
Registration: Active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within 6 months of appointment.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: providing comprehensive nursing care to mothers and/or infants, assessing and/or evaluating patients, and administering items such as oxygen, IV fluids, medications and treatments. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below: Education Substitution for Specialized Experience for GS-09: Successful completion of at least a Master's or equivalent graduate degree, or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, that is directly related to the work of the position. Combination of Experience and Education Substitution for Specialized Experience for GS-09: If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and education that you possess. To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education in excess of 18 hours (total semester hours minus 18) by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package. Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- A pre-placement physical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- If required, applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work experience.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
Salary Range: $59,533.00 to $75,598.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-09/09
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453585800
Job Announcement Number: NCMD163299741827143HM