Aon Corporation HR Employee Relations Advisor (Epsom or St Albans, UK) in Epsom, United Kingdom
Job Description Employee Relations Advisor
Aon are currently recruiting an Employee Relations Advisor to join our team in Epsom. The Employee Relations Advisor will be primarily provide practical, hands on commercial advice and support in respect of all Employee Relations (ER) case issues, including; business change initiatives, grievances, disciplinaries, performance, capability, consultation (individual and collective), absence (short term, long term and adjustments).
Support the business areas and HRBP’s by setting out options and solutions and in reaching decisions which recognise legal and regulatory requirements while maintaining a commercial focus. Coach and mentor the business and HRBP’s with legislative update and understanding and with practical considerations. Manage projects and lead ER workstreams in support of overall business and HR objectives including ER policies and working with third party providers.
Assist the Head of Employee Relations in developing and delivering a Centre of Excellence proposition by contributing to and delivering specified objectives, project work, business process re-engineering, various projects and change management responsibilities and through ensuring timely, accurate data and case tracking is implemented.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is the leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and a global leader in human capital and management consulting. Our key advantage is our broad view of the insurance industry. With an employee base of 59,000 people working in 500 offices in more than 120 countries, we can anticipate how changes in one sector affect another.
Aon is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, colour religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
About the Role
As an Employee Relations Advisor some of your key responsibilities will involve;
- Manage a wide variety of cases at any one time, ensuring they are completed to a high standard and in a timely fashion
- Provide sound ER advice to business managers and HRBP’s on a day to day basis
- Manage employee consultation, redeployment or termination of employment through TUPE and redundancy exercises
- Use coaching and influencing skills to ensure the right outcome is achieved in each case to minimise risk whilst maximising business results
- Advise the business in the understanding, ownership and application of all aspects of employment legislation, procedural compliance and best practice
- Recognise the need and provide appropriate levels of support where there is a high risk case
- Use a clear and accurate interpretation of changes in legislation and codes of practice to ensure the business follows best practice and operates within the parameters of employment law and regulatory requirements
- Support managed exits, conversations and negotiations, draft and finalise compromise agreements
- Use high level communication skills with confidence, having the ability to communicate very complex issues simply so they are understood
- Ensure policies and procedures are implemented consistently and that the core values of the business are upheld
- Develop effective and credible relationships with the business to promote good employee relations across the business
- Monitor and analyse trends of activity and proactively propose remedial action/policy changes to correct and improve employee understanding and management of employee relations issues
- Ensure familiarity with Aon policies and procedures enabling quick and accurate advice to be given to managers
- Contribute to the development of Aon’s employment brand through engagement with the business managers and HRBP’s
- Deliver an effective internal ER consultancy, remaining focused on adding value to the business and maximising the effectiveness its employees
- Assist the Head of Employee Relations in development of a proactive ER agenda, project work, knowledge sharing and professional development activities and day to day tasks
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company. About you
As an Employee Relations Advisor your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Part CIPD qualified or relevant breadth of experience to demonstrate level of competence
- Excellent technical Employee Relations and Employment Law knowledge gained through employee relations specialist, generalist experience or through relevant experience in a management or legal role preferably in a commercial or matrixed environment.
- Experience of ER case management and working in partnership with business managers.
- Strong commercial approach with a good understanding of business needs
- Passionate about customer service
- Experience of coaching and influencing line managers
- Good communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment and manage workload to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to clearly and accurately interpret and communicate relevant and complex information
- Ability to establish credibility quickly by building effective working relationships
- Strong team approach
- Solution focus with good problem solving abilities Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Aon is an Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. Aon people come from all backgrounds and communities. Whatever your gender, age, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation, you'll be valued as an individual and recognised for your skills and the contribution you make to our company. We are a Stonewall championsee the description with recruiter already issued
Job number: 12998
Category: Human Resources
Location: United Kingdom, SEA, Epsom