Washington State Maintenance Technician 2 - Everett Night in Everett, Washington
WSDOT is seeking talented and dedicated highway maintenance professionals who seek an exciting career opportunity that offers true work-life balance and ample advancement opportunities. Successful candidates enjoy four-day work weeks, over 30 paid days off per year, generous state pension programs, and an additional $2.65 per hour night shift differential.
Apply now if you are looking to join a dynamic team dedicated to keeping state highways and adjacent right-of-ways free of hazards and open to the traveling public year-around.
WSDOT also offers outstanding benefits, a generous amount of paid time off, choice of state retirement programs, advancement opportunities, and much more. Go toState Benefits for more information regarding our comprehensive benefits package
Working in the maintenance area will require you to practice and promote safety principles.
This position requires a quick response time to job sites as highway maintenance crews are ready 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
This position will perform the following work:
- Maintain roadways including pavement repair, drainage maintenance, etc.
- Safety feature installation and maintenance i.e guardrails.
- Remove dangerous and hazardous debris from the roadways.
- Assist in layout and set-up of traffic control, including setting up signage, manually flagging traffic, and operating attenuator/buffer truck.
- Removal of snow and ice during winter season.
Responsible for repairing right of way fences, clean culvert ends and paint culvert marks and wash signs. Ideal Candidate will have the following:
A Washington State Commercial Driver License (CDL). Class A with N endorsement without airbrake restrictions, OR a Washington State Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class B with N endorsement without airbrake restrictions and the ability to obtain a CDL A within 6 months of hire.
- High school diploma or GED certification.
- At least (1) one year of experience performing roadway maintenance, heavy equipment operation, truck driving, traffic control, construction, timber operations, or landscaping.
- Experience operating 26,000 to 54,000 GVW dump trucks in all weather and roadside conditions, day or night, with snowplow and de-icing attachments and other snow removal equipment.
- Experience with falling trees and removing other vegetation.
- Possess a CDL Medical Certificate or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of employment. Note:
This position is covered by a union shop provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, candidates who are appointed are required to become members of the WFSE, or arrange to pay to that union a fee equivalent to its regular monthly dues. The union shop provision shall be effective on the first day of the month following the employee's initial 30 days in this classification.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please click on the apply button on this announcement. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions. The responses to the Supplemental Questions must be reflected in the "work experience" of the application. Be prepared to provide references at the time of interview.
The hiring manager reserves the right to use the eligible candidate pool for up to 60 days after this posting closes.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Fereti Sa'auat 206-440-4068 or email to email@example.com*.* Please reference recruitment number 2016-NWR-156.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Office of Human Resources, at 360.705.7042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-NWR-156
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Closing: 11/30/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,062.00 - $3,627.00 Monthly
Location: Snohomish County – Everett, WA