DuPont Manufacturing Technology - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Fayetteville, North Carolina
Manufacturing Technology - Senior Mechanical Engineer (Job Number: 008008W-01)
The Senior Engineer will serve as the lead mechanical engineer for the Polyvinyl Fluoride (PVF) polymer plants at the Fayetteville, NC plant. The plant is part of the Tedlar® business in Electronics and Communication. The engineer will drive programs to improve safety, quality, reliability, uptime, capacity, yields and reducing emissions and cost. The engineer will drive improvements through Lean/Six Sigma, small capital projects, MIQA techniques and other improvement tools. The individual will work closely with the area reliability engineer and mechanical facilitator. Involvement in day-to-day troubleshooting to assure safe, continuous operation is a must. The engineer will provide technical support for project start-ups, test runs, and special procedures as needed.
There are two identical polymer plants at the Fayetteville site. In addition, a sister site is located at the Yerkes plant in Buffalo, NY. Each plant has several unit operations including reaction, distillation, separation, and dewatering. Each unit also has powder handling operations including dryers, conveying systems, bag filters, and bag loading facilities. The polymer plant is considered a High Hazard Process.
The plant is located south of Fayetteville in the lower eastern portion of North Carolina. Fayetteville is ideally located within easy driving distance to the mountains and beaches and offers a moderate climate suited for outdoor activities year-round. The site has a highly flexible and motivated work force and a history of world-class implementation of major projects.
Job Scope :
· Lead mechanical engineer for the Tedlar® business at Fayetteville.
· Technology guardian for all mechanical systems for the units and serve as an active member of the PVF Sister Plant Technology Team
· Monitors product and process performance as needed; assessing reliability of operations, identifying failures and causes of failures, and recommending solutions.
· Use of Six Sigma methodology to evaluate process and equipment data to identify and drive process improvements.
· Specify and document mechanical parameters/specifications to insure the process is reliable, delivering production that meets or exceeds goals. Works directly with other technical resources in the business to continuously improve mechanical systems across the supply chain.
· Recommend, specify and implement improvements to mechanical systems, methods and controls. Assists the organization through major asset effectiveness improvement programs.
· Works with PSM-critical equipment and processes.
· Provide technical support required to maintain day-to-day production activities
· Participate in Incident Investigations and Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) Teams
· Mentors other engineers to continuously improve their technical and interpersonal skills.
· Effectively interface with technicians/operators in a HPWS (High Performance Work System) setting.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
· 3-5 years of experience in heavy industrial manufacturing involving rotating machinery
· Six Sigma Greenbelt certified (minimum)
· Strong Process Safety Management (PSM) background
· Strong background in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
· Demonstrated strong commitment to continuous improvement.
· High degree of initiative and flexibility to move projects forward safely and in a timely manner
· Strong scientific approach to solving problems; makes data based decisions.
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and a "hands-on" attitude.
· 5-10 years of experience with rotating machinery , vessels, piping
· MIQA and Reliability engineering skills
· Demonstrated good mentoring skills
· Experience with working in a HPWS environment
Travel requirement - < 10%
Primary Location: NA-United States-North Carolina-Fayetteville
Organization: Global DuPont
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced