The GEO Group Dental Technician Part Time in Folkston, Georgia
This position is 8 hours per week
Under the direct supervision of a Dentist, provides assistance during examination and oral surgery treatment of detainees/inmates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Sterilizes instruments in the dental office. Lays out needed tools and instruments for scheduled procedures.
- Provides chair-side assistance by keeping operating field clear, passing instruments, and suctioning.
- Mixes restorative materials as required.
- Assists in taking intra-oral and extra-oral x-rays as requested.
- Develops and mounts x-ray films.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of dental clinic according to OSHA standards.
- Performs dental screenings and schedules appointments as necessary.
- Maintains dental charts and records dental findings.
- Schedules patients for dental appointments.
- Prepares patient's schedule for escort officer.
- Maintains compliance with company policies for accreditation.
- Performs other duties as assigned