Miscellaneous Field Operating Agencies Research Psychologist in Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Miscellaneous Field Operating Agencies
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Fort Belvoir, VA
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 10/14/2016 (7 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 11/4/2016 (14 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:If selected for this position, you will serve as a Research Psychologist for the U.S. Army Research Institute (ARI), Attitude and Opinion Research Unit (AORU), located at Fort Belvoir, VA and will be responsible for conducting survey research.* Career Program:16 *Who May Apply:U.S. Citizens
As a Research Psychologist you will be responsible for different phases of a research project or development effort by means of hypothesis development, research design, data collection, instrument development, statistical analysis of data and report writing.
Responsibilities will include duties such as:
- Develop appropriate testable hypothesis and/or evaluation criteria.
- Prepare formal research plans using the major objectives, approaches/methods to be used in the solution of the problem, target population, independent and dependent measures, and equipment/resources.
- Conduct all aspects of the research and development.
- Develop appropriate data collection instruments and provide to team leader for approval.
- Prepare appropriate technical reports, papers, and briefings.
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel may be required up to 5% of offical duty the time
- May be Authorized
- Incumbent is required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement.
- Position requires a secret clearance
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Experience conducting survey research (e.g., hypothesis development, research design, data collection, statistical analysis of data, or report writing) in relevant areas of the behavioral and social sciences (e.g., personnel, training, leader development, human resources, and human relations). This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Identifying Researchable Problems and Plan Survey Research
- Conducting Survey Research and Interpret Data
- Coordinating and Supporting Survey Research Projects
**In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirement above, all jobs in this occupation must meet this education requirement.
Education Requirement: The Psychologist occupation has specific educational requirements which apply to all positions. Education must have been completed in a U.S. college, university, or other educational institution that has been accredited by one of the accrediting agencies or associations recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
For this position you must have successfully completed all of the requirements for at least a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in psychology or related behavioral or social science. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Proceduresinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
Salary Range: $77,490.00 to $100,736.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0180-12/12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 452808500
Job Announcement Number: NCHT164288711815588D