Talent Orchard VMware SME (Top Secret w/ SSBI clearance required) in Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Fort Belvoir, VA
Top Secret Clearance with SSBI Required
Talent Orchard is partnered with a Federal Systems Engineering Contractor in their search for a VMware Subject Matter Expert (SME)with an active Top Secret Clearance and SSBI to join an exciting program in Fort Belvoir, VA. Our client specializes in modernizing information technology systems by re-engineering existing systems to harness the full power of emerging technologies and proven innovations to serve the business needs of their customers.
The ideal candidate will perform system administration functions in support of a DoD agency's Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) mission. The candidate will support the agency's IT Operations mission as a VMware administrator with specific proficiency in VMware Horizon View. The candidate will lead the implementation and sustainment of the classified VDI VMware Horizon View deployment.
- Setup, configure and deploy VMware-based systems for high-availability and efficiency, including vCenter, vSphere, and ESXi v6.x, and Horizon View VDI.
- Troubleshoot thinApp production applications and printing capabilities.
- Leverage virtualization capabilities to further automate systems management, analysis, and performance monitoring.
- Provide Tier II support to the Customer users
- BA/BS (In Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical field experience)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in information technology
- US Citizen with an Active TS Clearance with SSBI
- 8570 Compliance: Security +
- Demonstrated proficiency with VMware Horizon View
- Proven Windows 2012R2 system administration skills in mission support environment
- Experience in Server virtualization
- Ability to think system wide
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success
- Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so
- Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view
- Excellent verbal and communication skills in dealing with technical issues and interacting with other administrators and engineers
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in Hitachi SAN, NetBackup, SQL, or RHEL (Linux)
- Current VMware Certified Professional (VCP) Certification
- Powershell scripting experience to automation task
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Microsoft on RHEL certifications
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page atwww.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost #vmware #VCP @topsecretjobs @fortbelvoirjobs #vmwareSME
Job Title: VMware SME (Top Secret w/ SSBI clearance required)
Job ID: 27004640
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA 22060