Fort Huachuca Electronics Hardware Design Engineer in FORT HUACHUCA, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/2677452
Geeks and Nerds (GaN)
Job ID 2017-1097
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-AZ-Sierra Vista
Type Regular Full-Time
GaN has a need for am electronics hardware designer/engineer to support ongoing test instrumentation development projects. This position requires a designer/engineer capable of designing circuit cards, power management circuitry, and similar technologies to integrate processors and interface components into data collection instrumentation used on Army command, control, computer, and communications systems. The designer/engineer will be required to complete designs from inception through fielding without relying on technical support from other developers. The position requires a self-motivated, likable, and engaging personality suited to work directly with Government customers and collaborate with technical professionals from other organizations.
GaN hires creative and independent thinkers who have a desire to grow personally and professionally as well as to help GaN grow as a company. Our team consists of people with exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills who are amiable and outgoing. We are always ethical partners with our customers, maintaining a professional demeanor while being dedicated to superior customer service, quality, and team building. To be a part of this team, you must be self-motivated and self-directed to work independently, but also be open and communicative to work as a team to exceed all GaN and customer expectations.
GaN Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected classifications.
* Design hardware circuitry connecting electronic components into a system that interfaces to defined Army systems.
* Develop power management circuits for small electronic packages with challenging battery life requirements.
* Work with Government customers and an expanded design team to turn general guidelines and expectations into requirements, functional and physical architectures, and ultimately, complete systems.
* BS in Engineering or related technical field.
* 5+ years of experience in related field.
* Significant applicable experience can be substituted for education requirements.
* System Design, Digital Design, Troubleshooting and Debugging.
* PCB design
* Knowledge of standard communication and bus architectures and protocols to include USB, Ethernet, PCI, RS-422.
* Power management
* Technical documentation of hardware designs.
* Embedded application development using FGPAs, CPLDs, ASICs, VHDL, Verilog, etc.
* Energy harvesting
* Developer level knowledge of iOS and Android.
* Technical writing skills.
* Application level software development in CC++C#, Java, etc.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Must possess Security Clearance specified below
Security Type Needed:
SECRET and TOP SECRET Security Clearance Eligible
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/ygdnp4nv6ffstgbp