U.S. Mint Supervisory Police Officer (Field, Chief of Police) in Fort Knox, Kentucky
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Fort Knox, KY
Work Schedule is Career/Career Conditional - Full-time
Opened Tuesday 10/18/2016 (3 day(s) ago)
** Closes Tuesday 11/1/2016 (11 day(s) away)
About the Agency
It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200thapplication or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 11/1/2016; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.
This position is located in the United States Mint, Protection Department at the Fort Knox Mint. The Protection Department safeguards American assets including the Nation's gold supply, as well as its other precious reserves; protects United States Mint employees, visitors, equipment, facilities and other resources (including information); and provides expert security advice and counsel to the United States Mint and other government agencies.
As a Supervisory Police Officer (Field, Chief of Police), you will:
- Direct overall police operations administration functions for their assigned facility. Through subordinate supervisors, manage all phases of the facility's protection. Such responsibility includes oversight for the planning, administration, and direction of activities necessary for the preservation of the peace; protection of life and property; prevention of crime to the arrest and prosecution of violators of the law; and the proper enforcement of all laws, regulations, directives, and administrative issuances applicable to the United States Mint.
- Direct and oversee studies, surveys, and inspections designed to determine the effectiveness and adequacy of the police force and resolve any protection weaknesses in operations. Based on survey findings and recommendations direct the creation, revision, refinement, and modification of regulations and procedures pertaining to protecting Mint assets, property, personnel, and police post orders.
- Exercise, or assist in exercising, sufficient control to assure that (1) resources are safeguarded against waste, loss and unauthorized use; (2) accurate records and use of resources are maintained; (3) operational efficiency is maximized: and (4) prescribed policies are followed.
- Be held responsible for protecting United States Mint buildings, grounds, and enormous monetary values in custody, or in the process of production. Maybe required to apprehend and arrest persons considered extremely violent, mentally disturbed, or intoxicated; and always risk the dangers of armed robbery confrontations. Further, the incumbent is charged with protecting United States Mint employees and visitors from the ever-present hazards of bombings, armed physical assaults, and hostage-type situations.
- Occasional Travel
- 1 to 5 nights per Month
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
You must meet the following requirements within 14 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the TR-14 (GS-12 equivalent), you must have one year of experience at the TR-12 (GS-10/11 equivalent) level or equivalent in other public or private sectors, that is directly related to the position as listed in this announcement and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is defined as:
Exercising and/or utilizing the full professional knowledge of police administration, organization, techniques, practices, policies, functions and programs in order to implement policies and direct the management of the overall police operations for a United States Mint facility.
Physical Requirements:(Based on an 8-hour shift)
Must wear clothing and gear weighing no more than a total of 30 pounds: Must wear equipment belt (with equipment) weighing no more than 10 lbs; Must wear a bulletproof vest weighing no more than 10 lbs;
Must wear riot gear (turtle suit/red man suit) weighing no more than 10 lbs;
Be physically capable of satisfactorily performing the following requirements in the specified timeframes.
Sits (up to 30% of the time)
Runs (up to 30% of the time)
Climbs Stairs (up to 30% of the time)
Crawls (up to 30% of the time)
Repetitive Arm Motion (up to 30% of the time)
Stands (greater than 70% of the time)
Walks (greater than 70% of the time)
Power Grasps-Frequently (greater than 70% of the time)
Power Pinches-Frequently (greater than 70% of the time)
Types (greater than 70% of the time)
Use of Foot Control (Automobile) (greater than 70% of the time)
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
What To Expect Next
You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS “My Account” tab and clicking on “Application Status”. For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on “more information.”
Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Review our benefits
We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
A one year probationary period may be required.
A one year supervisory or managerial probationary period may be required.
Must successfully complete a background investigation.
Complete a Declaration for Federal Employmentto determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
**Shift Work: This facility operates on a 24 hour per day, three-shift basis, 5 days a week. Work schedules may vary and assignment to a specific shift cannot be guaranteed. The successful applicant must be available to work on all three shifts on a rotational basis.
Wear required safety clothing and/or equipment required by the position. This may include safety shoes, hard hats, hearing protection, gloves, masks, etc.
Pass a pre-employment physical examination.
Pass a pre-employment psychological evaluation.
Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
Carry and use a firearm. Maintaining firearm proficiency is also mandatory. You will be ineligible to occupy this position if at any time you have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, unless you received a pardon or your conviction was expunged or set aside.
Complete or have previously completed training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco, GA.
Possess a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) upon appointment OR within 90days of appointment (as appropriate) and maintain a valid license while you occupy the position.
Tattoos/Branding/Intentional Scarring - Visible tattoos, brands, or other body art on the arms, head, face, neck, or scalp are prohibited.
Salary Range: $109,942.00 to $152,593.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: TR-0083-14/14
Promotion Potential: 14
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: ; no prior Federal experience is required. This opportunity is also open to under Announcement 17-MINT-4. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
Control Number: 453659600
Job Announcement Number: 17-MINT-3-P